Bank AMD Nurse
Date: 16 March 2022
Situated in West Didsbury, our Manchester Eye Hospital provides state-of-the-art eye care by a team of world-class specialists. Join the team here and you’ll be supporting our patients in a full range of eye care services such as laser eye surgery, cataract surgery and lens replacement.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Clinical Nurse Specialist Intravitreal Injector. In this role you would join our highly skilled multidisciplinary team delivering our AMD service.
This is a zero hour contract, worked Monday to Friday, with no weekend work involved.
You will be an ophthalmic trained nurse, hold a current NMC/HCPC registration and have at least 12 months experience in independently performing Intravitreal Injections. You’ll be passionate about providing high quality patient care, to both NHS and private patients and be able to work independently and as part of a team. It goes without saying that you’ll be up to date with current practice and be keen to continue developing yourself professionally.
- Ophthalmic trained nurse.
- At least 12 months experience independently performing AMD Intravitreal Injections.
- Nurse who has kept themselves up to date with current practice.
- Someone who wants to be part of a friendly team, working in purpose built facilities.
- Can work independently and as part of the wider team, working closely with the led consultant.
- A desire to deliver high quality care to NHS and private patients.
- Prepared to work with wider team assisting with patients undergoing cataract surgery and vision correction surgery.
- Willing to participate in a Continuous training and development programme.
- The role is based in Manchester but requires travel to support our sister hospital in Yorkshire.
- You will hold a current NMC/HCPC registration.
We’ve transformed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people through our sight saving procedures. We’re a small company that does big things with a family feel and people at the heart of it. We work hard but we’re supported by each other. From our beginnings in 2008 we’ve grown to be the UK’s Best Eye Hospital with thousands of five star reviews from our happy patients. All because of the brilliant people who work here!
We want to do the best for our people. We invest in creating the conditions for your success, whether that’s a modern and inviting place to work in, state of the art equipment, the right tools to do your job and great rewards for the success you bring.
As well as the fundamentals like competitive salary, great holiday and pension, we also offer an annual bonus, private health cover, free vision correction for staff with family and friends discount, free counselling and physio and access to thousands of discounts from all the big (and some small) names on the high street.
You’ll see and feel the Optegra difference when you walk through the door – and you’ll have every opportunity to really make a difference.
Optegra Eye Healthcare is an inclusive business where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all, working together as a supportive team, respecting the uniqueness and diversity of every individual we work with.