BANK Scrub Nurse
Date: 1 November 2021
At Optegra we work with inspiring, passionate and highly skilled teams with a common goal to deliver the highest standards of patient care. We’re a small company that does big things with a family feel and people at the heart of it.
Join the team at the Surrey Eye Hospital conveniently located just southwest of London, in the Surrey Research Park in Guildford. Our Surrey Eye Hospital provides personalised patient care by a team of consultants and specialists.
You’ll be part of the hospital clinical team, responsible for participating in all aspects of the Ophthalmic Surgical pathway at Optegra. You’ll provide excellent care to all patients, with specific responsibility for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team which may include the provision of peri-operative and post-operative care in the surgical and refractive suite of the hospital.
Bank staff have the advantage of working flexibly. You can base your availability around your lifestyle, covering shifts on a casual basis. We offer placements that are dependent on our current needs giving you the option to accept work to suit your needs.
You’ll be able to use your skills and experience to problem solve, anticipate and prioritise appropriately using a proactive, positive attitude and common sense approach.
Previous experience in Ophthalmology Theatre would be desirable but not essential as full training will be provided. Experience of managing patients undergoing conscious sedation would be advantageous.
You’ll also need:
- Registered General Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner
- Current NMC/ HCP registration
- Registered Nurse 1st level registration with theatre course or equivalent
- experience, or, ODP Level 3 NVQ in Operating department practice, or, ODA City and Guilds 752
- General Theatre and/or Day Surgery – scrub and circulating – minimum 12 months (recent)
- Previous experience in Ophthalmology Theatre
- Aware of responsibilities in relation to NMC Professional Code of Conduct
- Aware of role of CQC
- Consistent professional attitude demonstrated to all colleagues and customers; personable, confident and articulate at all times
We want to do the best for our people. We invest in creating the conditions for your success, whether that’s a beautiful place to work in, state of the art equipment and the right tools to do your job, great rewards for the success you bring or making life easier with flexibility and balance.
See the Difference. Make a Difference
Optegra Eye Healthcare is an inclusive business where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all, working together as a supportive team, respecting the uniqueness and diversity of every individual we work with.