Date: 1 November 2021
Optegra is excited to announce we are looking for an Optometrist to work with our Birmingham Hospital.
You will be an exceptional Optometrist with a passion for providing the highest quality patient care and have demonstrable experience, ideally gained in Hospital Optometry and/or Refractive Surgery would be advantageous.
Join the team at Birmingham Eye Hospital, a 5-Star rated Eye Hospital with leading consultant surgeons supported by specialist eye care teams. Conveniently located in the heart of the city, within Aston University Campus you’ll enjoy an easy and accessible commute to work with a choice of parking on-site, National Rail Birmingham New Street station 15 mins walk and an array of local bus services.
There has never been a better time to join Optegra, as a provider of specialist eye care. Find out what it’s like to work for Optegra by watching the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2-QblLUYzM
Some of the benefits of working for us include, but are by no means limited to:
– Generous pay and bonus, reviewed annually
– Generous matched pension contributions
– Up to 33 days annual leave, including bank holiday
– SMART working schemes – receive a generous home office allowance
– Funded training and development – because we believe in our people
– Discounts on retails, social activities, etc.
– Free laser eye treatment for you and 20% discount for friends and family
– Private Healthcare, free physio, free counselling, online GP appointments 24/7, for your wellbeing
We’re looking for someone who has held a similar post within the private Healthcare sector, however this is not essential.
You’ll work as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team alongside Consultants to carry out pre and post-operative consultations and assessing the suitability of patients for treatment associated with refractive, cataract, glaucoma and retinal surgeries.
Optegra has a real energy that is difficult to put into words. We’re supportive, strive for the best, social and helpful. Everyone wants to see everyone else succeed.
Some requirements we’re looking for in addition to culture fit:
– Comprehensive post qualification experience within a private hospital setting, and previous vision correction experience is desirable
– Current GOC registration as a fully qualified Optometrist
– Highly motivated and able to work autonomously
– Able to build and maintain exceptional relationships with colleagues and customers, remaining professional and articulate at all times
You’ll see and feel the Optegra difference when you walk through the door – and you’ll have every opportunity to really make a difference.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with us by applying for the role.
Please take a closer look at our history and vision by clicking the following link: https://www.optegra.com/optegra-story/
Optegra is proud to be an inclusive business where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all, working together as a supportive team, respecting the uniqueness of every inpidual we work with.