Registered Nurse – Ward
Date: 7 March 2022
Due to expansion we are looking for a Ward Nurse to join our Surrey team. At Optegra we work with inspiring, passionate and highly skilled teams with a common goal to deliver the highest standards of patient care. We’re a small company that does big things with a family feel and people at the heart of it.
You’ll work alongside our dedicated hospital team to provide excellent care to all patients, with specific responsibility for diagnostic testing, pre-operative assessment, peri-operative and post-operative care in the surgical and refractive suite of the hospital, and assisting with minor operations.
You’ll can work full time or part time, covering shifts from Monday to Saturday, 7am and 7pm.
- Annual Leave- We all work hard and it’s important to take time out to recharge our batteries! Our 33 days holiday each year (including bank holidays, pro-rata’d for part time colleagues) is a good place to start.
- Private Medical Insurance- Your health and well being is important to you – and to us. All staff can join our Bupa private medical scheme from day one.
- Cycle to Work Scheme- Our cycle to work scheme will help you get fitter – physically and financially – and help the environment!
- Flexible Working- We want to support you to get the work / life balance that’s right for you, so all staff can apply to work flexibly.
- Bonus- Our discretionary bonus scheme is an opportunity to have your contribution over the year recognized and for us all to celebrate the success of the business.
- Season Ticket Loans- Our season ticket loans help you cut the cost of your commute.
- Maternity Leave- We offer enhanced maternity pay over and above the statutory minimum for all mums to be.
- Pension- Optegra helps you plan for the future by matching your pension contribution up to 5%.
- Life Assurance- You will be covered by Optegra’s Life Assurance policy from your start date. This means that Optegra will pay three times your basic salary to your nominated beneficiary if the worst should happen.
You’ll be able to use your skills and experience to problem solve, anticipate and prioritise appropriately using a proactive, positive attitude and common sense approach.
A qualification in Ophthalmology or Peri operative care and previous experience in Ophthalmology or Outpatients would be desirable but not essential.
You’ll also need:
- Current NMC registration
- Minimum one year post qualification nursing experience
- Previous experience in Ophthalmology, Theatre, General surgery or Outpatients
- Aware of responsibilities in relation to NMC Professional Code of Conduct
- Aware of role of CQC
- Consistent professional attitude demonstrated to all colleagues and customers;
- personable, confident and articulate at all times
We want to do the best for our people. We invest in creating the conditions for your success, whether that’s a beautiful place to work in, state of the art equipment and the right tools to do your job, great rewards for the success you bring or making life easier with flexibility and balance.
Some Cherries on our Cake!
- Free Eye Surgery- After you’ve completed your probation, you will be eligible for laser eye surgery at no cost. Your family and friends can also benefit from a 20% discount on eye surgeries.
- Free Sight Tests- Of course you can expect a free sight test if you need it at your local Optegra hospital!
- Refer a Friend Bonus- We know our staff love working here and hope they want to spread the word! Which is why, if they introduce a new employee to the business, they get a bonus of £1000 when they start with us.
- Celebrating Your Anniversaries- We value loyalty and commitment which is why we express our appreciation to longstanding employees by rewarding them with gift vouchers to mark every five years of service. The vouchers increase in value the longer they are with us – all they need to do is decide what to spend it on!
- Recognising Our Super Stars- We work with some pretty amazing people and we want to take every opportunity to celebrate their talents. One way that we do this is through our recognition scheme.
- Getting Social – We like to get together outside of work, which usually means a Summer and Christmas party!
See the Difference. Make a Difference
Optegra Eye Healthcare is an inclusive business where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all, working together as a supportive team, respecting the uniqueness and diversity of every individual we work with.