Please take your time to read the terms and conditions. It includes important information about us and the way in which we will provide care to you. If you have any questions about these terms then we will be happy to answer them, so please do ask us.
We may need to update these terms from time to time. If we do this, then we will let you know at the contact address provided.
References to you or your means you, as our client and the recipient of our services, treatments, tests and procedures we may carry out for you (“Treatment”). References to our hospitals shall mean those hospitals listed on our Optegra website.
1. Terms Your initial consultation may be free of charge. However, if you decide not to proceed to receive your first treatment following a free of charge initial consultation, then Optegra reserves the right to charge you for its reasonable administrative charges for carrying out the initial consultation in accordance with the information provided to you at the time of booking your initial consultation.
These terms do not contain specific information about how much your care will cost. Details of our costs are set out in our price list (available on our website and/or provided during your initial appointment). At your initial consultation your consultant will discuss costs of any Treatment with you and you will be provided with terms around such payment (the “Payment Terms”). You should ensure that you read these Payment Terms provided carefully. If you are happy to proceed following the initial consultation, you can proceed to book any Treatment. If you are unsure about the costs of your care please ask us at any of our hospitals, by phone on 0808 159 9305 or through our website https://www.optegra.com/
You are entitled to a 7 day cooling off period after the point of booking any Treatment. If you decide to take an agreement with Hitachi Capital it may vary so please refer to Hitachi terms and conditions, during which time you may cancel the Treatment. However, please note you will need to pay for any Treatment that you have received within that 7 day- cooling off period (or if you cancel or re-schedule in accordance with cancellations and refunds section of terms and conditions. ) Consultants involved in your Treatments will be independent practitioners and will not be employees of Optegra. Accordingly, Optegra will not be liable for any act or omission of a consultant (or the company or partnership that employs or engages the consultant).
The consultant will be responsible for the Treatment he or she provides to you. On the rare occasion that your Consultant is an employee of Optegra, we will inform you that this is the case and, in such cases, Optegra will be responsible for any Treatment provided to you.
2. Who we are and how to contact us
a) Optegra UK Limited (“Optegra”, “we", “us”, “our”) is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05846041 and registered offices at Oakhill House, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hidenborough, Kent, TN11 9DZ.
b) Please direct any questions, or any subsequent issues, to DPO@optegra.com
3. General terms and conditions relating to all patients
a) These terms and conditions, as well as the registration form, form the basis of the agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and Optegra. If there is any conflict between the registration form and these terms and conditions, these terms will take precedence.
b) This Agreement will come into force at the time of signature.
c) We publish a list of our Treatments on our website and at our hospitals. The Treatments may be updated from time to time so please check our website to see our up-to-date list.
4. Initial Consultations
a) You can book an initial consultation through our website, at any hospital, or by phone on (0808 159 9305).
b) Your Consultant and Optometrist will carry out an initial consultation with you to determine the treatment that you should have and will advise you of a recommended treatment plan. It is your responsibility to ensure that the planned treatment accurately reflects your wishes as discussed with your consultant in relation to your care.
c) The initial consultation will be charged in accordance with the prices set out on our website from time to time.
d) However, if you decide not to proceed to receive Treatment following the initial consultation, then Optegra reserves the right to charge you for its reasonable administrative charges for carrying out the initial consultation in accordance with the information provided to you at the time of booking your initial consultation.
Full details of the:
a) Treatment and any risks involved will be provided to you at the initial consultation.
b) The cost of the Treatment and the Payment Terms will be provided to you during, or after, your initial consultation.
c) You can ask the consultant about the price of the Treatment or the Payment Terms or call us on 0808 159 9305
or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are happy to receive the Treatment you can book the Treatment and we may ask you to sign a consent form.
a) While we will take all care to ensure the safety of your belongings, Optegra does not accept any responsibility for the theft or loss of, or damage to, any of your or your visitors’ property whilst you visit our hospitals.
b) Whilst Optegra and your consultants will do their best to ensure a satisfactory outcome, no procedure is entirely risk-free and the results of any particular treatment cannot be guaranteed. Your consultant will explain the risks and benefits during your consultation and you will be provided with after care leaflets.
a) While in the Optegra hospital you will be under the care of the consultant to whom you have been referred to, who may also involve other consultants in your care, if appropriate. Optegra staff will provide care under your consultant’s instructions.
b) Consultants involved in your Treatments will be independent practitioners and will not be employees of Optegra. Accordingly, Optegra will not be liable for any act or omission of a consultant (or the company or partnership that employs or engages the consultant). The consultant will be responsible for the Treatment he or she provides to you.
c) On the rare occasion that your practitioner is an employee of Optegra, we will inform you this is the case and, in such cases, Optegra will be responsible for any Treatment provided to you.
7. Payment for Treatments
If you are:
(i) an NHS patient then please read the see section on ‘NHS Patients’.
(ii) a patient with private medical insurance or a third-party sponsor then please see section on ‘Insured patients or patients with a third-party sponsor’. (iii) paying for your treatment yourself then please see section on ’Private Patients’
8. NHS Patients
a) If you are an NHS patient, the costs of your care and all consultant fees are paid by the NHS. However, the NHS does not pay for consumables.
b) There are no cancellation fees for NHS Patients. However, if you fail to attend an appointment twice then you will be refused any further appointments with Optegra and you will have to revert to your local GP.
c) While in the Optegra hospital you will be under the care of the consultant to whom you have been referred, who may also involve other consultants in your care, if appropriate. Optegra staff will provide care under your consultant’s instructions.
9. Insured Patients or Patients with a third-party sponsor
a) You will need to ensure that you have spoken to your insurer or your sponsor in advance of booking your treatment to receive confirmation that your insurer or your sponsor will cover the treatment costs. In particular, we recommend you ask whether there are any exceptions within your policy or co-payments .
b) If you are using an insurer, you will need to provide us with a number of details, including but not limited to, details of your insurer, your policy number and your authorisation number. You may have to pay excess in advance of your Treatment or initial consultation. It is your responsibility to liaise with your insurer regarding such payments.
c) If a sponsor will be paying, you will need to provide us with the name and contact details of your sponsor. Payment must be received in cleared funds seven (7) days before the Treatment or appointment is planned. You agree to provide any additional information requested by Optegra to verify, to our satisfaction, details of any such arrangement including a letter of guarantee from your sponsor confirming to us that they will cover the costs of your treatment a minimum of five (5) working days prior to your admission date.
d) You agree with Optegra that you will pay for your treatment. Whilst you will remain responsible for the payment of your treatment, where you have private medical insurance or a third party has agreed to pay for your care:
i. We will, where possible, process the claim for your treatment with your insurer or sponsor, provided you have given us and your insurer or sponsor all the information we need to do so. If this information is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to process your claim and you will need to pay for your Care, as set out in (iii) below;
ii. Where we process your claim and your insurer or sponsor pays us direct, the rate agreed between Optegra and your insurer or sponsor will apply to your treatment;
iii. If your insurer or sponsor fails to settle our invoices (or any part of them) within thirty (30) days of the date of the invoice we will assume that the outstanding amount will not be paid by them and you will become immediately liable for payment in full. We may invoice you directly or debit the relevant balance from your credit or debit cards;
iv. If we invoice you for your treatment, or for an element of it, you agree to pay us the amount invoiced within 30 days.
v. If no price is expressly agreed between the insurer or sponsor and Optegra. Optegra's standard rates will be communicated to you during the initial visit shall apply. On request, the price list can be sent to you in hard copy.
e) Insurers may not cover all of your treatments, including for example, consumables, additional treatments considered necessary by your consultant or any further procedures you decide to have. If this is the case, you will need to pay for that part of your care.
10. Private Payment
a) You will be personally responsible for any costs associated with your treatment
b) Payment Terms will be provided to you during or after your initial consultation.
c) Payment for your Treatment or appointment should be received in cleared funds seven days before your Treatment or appointment.
d) You will be liable as a private patient for the cost of any private prescriptions and/or consumables given to you at the hospital.
e) Overdue debts will be referred to a debt collection agency as approved by Optegra and you may, at that stage, become liable for interest and the cost of recovering the debt.
f) Optegra reserves the right to add collection costs and interest for any services provided to any overdue account.
11. Cancellations and Refunds
a) This paragraph 7 does not apply to NHS Patients.
b) We request that you notify us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend your appointment.
c) You may cancel or re-schedule your appointment by calling 0808 159 9305
d) You are entitled to a 7-day cooling off period after the point of booking any Treatment, during which time you may cancel the Treatment free of charge. However, please note you will need to pay for any Treatment that you have received within that seven (7) day cooling off period and, if you cancel or re-schedule a Treatment within 24 hours of the appointment, then we reserve the right to charge you 25% of the Treatment price (as appropriate) as a late cancellation/non-attendance fee. Optegra will refund you any amounts already paid which are in excess of any such cancellation/non-attendance fees. Please note, Optegra cannot be held responsible and will not refund any costs incurred in attending the Treatment, such as transport or accommodation.
e) In relation to ongoing Treatment:
i. if you choose to stop receiving Treatment that is ongoing then you must let us know. We will charge you for all Treatment (private prescriptions and/or consumables) that you have received up until the point that you notify us, but you will not be charged for anything after this point unless you cancel or re-schedule a Treatment less than 72 hours before your appointment is due to begin, or if you fail to attend an appointment. If this happens, we will charge you a late cancellation/non-attendance fee.
ii. If, for any unforeseen reasons, we decide that you can no longer receive any ongoing Treatment from us, we will let you know as soon as possible and give reasons for our decision. We will charge you for all Treatments, private prescriptions and/or consumables that you have received up until the point that we notify you, but you will not be charged for anything after this point. iii. You are under no obligation to continue receiving ongoing Treatment from us once you start.
f) If your consultant has to cancel your Treatment, we will let you know as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with an alternative date and time for your treatment. If it is not possible to re-schedule your treatment we will refund you any amounts already paid for the Treatment. g) Optegra will not be held responsible for any costs incurred in attending your treatment e.g.transportation or accommodation.
12. Overseas Patients
a) If you are not ordinarily resident in the UK, you will be liable to pay charges if you require NHS treatment whilst in the UK, whether related to your care at Optegra (for example if you require treatment that Optegra does not agree to provide) or not.
b) By signing this Agreement and agreeing to these terms you confirm that you have leave to enter the UK and that you meet all relevant immigration criteria. You also confirm that you have made adequate arrangements to pay for your care. Optegra may contact the Home Office or UK Border Agency (as relevant) to the extent necessary to clarify any information regarding your leave to enter or remain in the UK in connection with your care.
We will not provide any consultations, appointments or Treatments to a child under 18. We reserve the right to request identification of any patient to confirm they are over 18 years old.
We may need to update this Agreement from time to time. If we do this, then we will let you know using the contact details most recently provided to us by you. You will always be given the opportunity to read any updated Agreement and ask us questions before agreeing to any changes. Once you have agreed to any updated Agreement then the new version will only apply to those Treatments that you book after confirming your agreement. The most up-to-date version of the Agreement will always be available on our website and in our hospitals.
16. Notices And Your Contact Details
It is important that you keep us informed of any changes to your contact details.
17. Changes in Applicable Law
You acknowledge and accept that applicable Law may change and thereby prevent Optegra from providing certain care. If such a change occurs and the change has an effect on your care, then Optegra will contact you to inform you of the change and the consequences of the change.
l) If, as a result of the change in Applicable Law, Optegra can no longer carry out your Treatment, Optegra shall refund you any amounts paid for such Treatment. Please note, Optegra cannot be held responsible and will not refund any costs incurred in attending the Treatment, such as transport or accommodation. "Applicable Law" shall mean all guidelines, professional standards, applicable statutes, regulations, orders, regulatory requirements, bylaws, ordinances, rules, subordinate legislation and other laws, including any judicial or administrative interpretation of them, in force from time to time in any applicable jurisdiction.
We may transfer and assign this Agreement to any person who acquires all or substantially all of the assets of the assets of Optegra, or any other member of the Optegra group.
19. Third Party Rights
Except for you and Optegra or any insurer or third party to the extent agreed by Optegra, no person will have any rights under or in connection with this Agreement.
20. Governing Law
a) This agreement shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
b) If we cannot resolve any complaints relating to the services that we have provided to you and you are a customer within the EU, you have the right to submit your complaint through the Online Dispute Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr for resolution.
Monetary Discounts - Laser Eye Surgery OR Refractive Lens Replacement Surgery
1) Subject to these terms and conditions, any advertised monetary discounts are redeemable against the cost of either laser eye surgery or refractive lens replacement surgery (the "Surgery") to both eyes provided by Optegra UK Limited ("Optegra"). This offer applies to the cost of the Surgery only. This offer does not include Cataract surgery. Laser eye surgery or refractive lens replacement is subject to Optegra’s standard terms and conditions; the current copy of which can be obtained from each of our hospitals.
2) Any monetary discount promotion is valid for either laser eye surgery or refractive lens replacement surgery consultations with one of the participating Optegra Eye Hospitals: Optegra Eye Hospital Birmingham, Optegra Eye Hospital Hampshire, Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester, Optegra Eye Hospital Surrey, Optegra Eye Clinic Leeds (Yorkshire), or Optegra Eye Hospital Yorkshire.
3) Subject to the terms and conditions of the monetary discount promotion, the said monetary discount applies for laser eye surgery or refractive lens replacement surgery, off the total cost of their Surgery.
4) The promotion will be valid in the event of the laser eye surgery consultation or refractive lens replacement surgery consultation being cancelled by Optegra at no fault of the presenter and subsequently re-booked.
5) The promotion cannot be combined with any other offer. One promotion per person.
6) This promotion is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
7) Optegra reserve the right to alter or terminate any monetary discount promotion at any time.
8) The promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any financing options provided by Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance [or for any Surgery being covered in whole or in part by insurance].
9) 0% interest free credit cannot be used with any monetary discount promotion.
10) Price match guarantee cannot be used with any monetary discount promotion.
11) These terms are governed by English Law. The promotion is operated by Optegra UK Limited, Oakhill House, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Kent, TN11 9DZ
Refer a Friend - Effective from Friday 1st March 2019
1. This promotion is exclusively open to patients of Optegra UK Limited ("Optegra") who have fully completed laser eye surgery or lens replacement surgery and have paid for it in full ("Referring Patients") who recommend Optegra to their friends or family (the "Friend").
2. Subject to these terms and conditions, if the Friend undergoes refractive laser eye surgery or refractive lens replacement surgery ("Surgery") to both eyes at a participating Optegra hospital the Friend will receive £300 off the full price of refractive laser eye surgery or £500 off the full price of refractive lens replacement surgery (in each case as specified on the Optegra website page for each procedure). The Referring Patient will receive £100 worth of John Lewis vouchers to spend in store or online, rewarded when the Friend has completed their surgery. This offer does not include Cataract surgery.
3. Participants may enter this promotion at any participating Optegra Hospital. These are; Optegra Eye Hospital Birmingham, Optegra Eye Hospital Hampshire, Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester, Optegra Eye Hospital North London, Optegra Eye Hospital Surrey, Optegra Eye Hospital Yorkshire and Optegra Eye Hospital London.
4. The Referring Patient should provide their details on the relevant postcard, labelled John Lewis, and hand it to the Friend. The Friend will then provide their details and present this at their consultation. Effective date: 1st March 2019. We cannot back date applications prior to this date for this particular Refer a Friend program. Postcards received after the friend has completed their surgery will not be valid.
5. The Friend must book a consultation at a participating Optegra Hospital and their Surgery must take place within 6 months of the date of their consultation.
6. When the Friend has completed and paid for their Surgery, the Referring Patient will be sent their £100 worth of John Lewis e-vouchers via email. The e-voucher is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Your name and email address will be passed over to John Lewis, who will provide the voucher. The voucher is subject to additional terms and conditions available at http://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/information-about-our-terms-and-conditions. If you do not receive a voucher, please contact email@example.com.
7. Each Friend may only be referred by one Referring Patient and may only receive one discount off their Surgery.
8. Referring Patients may refer as many Friends as they like and will be entitled to £100 vouchers for each Friend who completes their Surgery in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. If the Friend cancels the Surgery the Referring Patient will not receive the £100 worth of vouchers.
10. If you attempt to enter this promotion without using the postcard method specified above we may not be able to link the Referring Patient and the Friend to allow either person to benefit from the promotion. Optegra accepts no responsibility for any Referring Patient or Friend who does not receive their voucher or discount as a result of failure to use the method specified above.
11. This offer applies to the cost of the Surgery only and excludes any follow-up appointments or diagnostic tests. [Laser eye surgery / Refractive Lens replacement] is subject to Optegra’s standard terms and conditions; the current copy of which can be obtained from each of our hospitals or by writing to Optegra Finance department, 11/13 Frederick Sanger Road, The Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YD.
12. All participants must be over 18 years of age.
13. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any financing options provided by Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance [or for any Surgery being covered in whole or in part by insurance].
14. If Optegra has to postpone the Surgery and it is re-booked for a date more than six months after the initial consultation, the terms of this promotion will apply as though the Surgery had taken place within the applicable time frames.
16. This promotion cannot be combined with any other offer.
17. These terms are governed by English Law. The promoter is Optegra UK Limited, Oakhill House, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Kent, TN11 9DZ