Mr. Amir Hamid is a highly experienced refractive surgeon, having performed over 6000 cataract and laser refractive surgeries and routinely performs up to 60 operations per week
General Medical Council: 4625489
- Initial consultation: £225
- Follow-up appointment: £125
Optegra Eye Hospital London 25 Queen Anne Street, London, W1G 9HT
Mr. Amir Hamid is a highly experienced refractive surgeon, having performed over 6000 cataract and laser refractive surgeries and routinely performs up to 60 operations per week. He was appointed as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at King George Hospital in Ilford (North East London NHS Treatment Centre) in 2011 with a special interest in cataract surgery, corneal transplantation and the correction of presbyopia.
He has received the Certification in Laser Refractive Surgery by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (CertLRS). He is exceptionally skilled in the use of LASIK and LASEK treatments as well as the most advanced Multifocal intraocular lenses and is also certified in the use of the Artisan Iris Clip lens and the Staar Visian ICL, in order to serve patients unsuitable for laser therapy. Aiming to provide the best medical care possible, he has completed a Corneal and Anterior Segment Fellowship that allowed him to extensively practice his skills in the particular domain. Improving patient outcome is fundamental to his practice and thus, Mr. Hamid is a member of the AMO Premium Registry involved in the evaluation of new intraocular lenses prior to market launch.
In addition he is a highly acclaimed clinical investigator, always at the forefront of new refractive treatments and technologies. He regularly presents his published scientific articles and papers at the Cataract and Surgery Conferences in the UK, Europe and US and is a manuscript reviewer for the British Medical Journal. Except for being a successful surgeon and clinical investigator.
He gained both his Final FRCOphth and Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in 2010.
Mr Hamid is also involved in research and has published numerous scientific papers on his topics of interest. He often presents papers at Cataract and Refractive Surgery Conferences in the UK, Europe and America. He is also a manuscript reviewer for the British Medical Journal.
Watch Mr Hamid's BBC News Interview:
- Cataract Surgery
- Complex Cataract Surgery
- Cataract Surgery following Laser Refractive surgery (LASIK/LASEK?PRK)
- Premium Intraocular lens surgery including Multifocal and Toric Intraocular Lenses
- Refractive cataract surgery
- Microincision cataract surgery
- Cataract removal
- Cataract surgery with premium lenses
- Corneal transplantation
- Anterior segment and small incision cataract surgery
- Laser refractive surgery: LASIK, LASEK, PresbyMAX
- Intraocular refractive surgery: Multifocal Intraocular lenses
- Staar Visian ICL and Artisan Iris Clip lens
- AMD Lens Implants (The Scharioth Macula Lens)
- Chalazion surgery
- Corneal transplantation
- Cataract surgery
- Treatment of presbyopia
- AMD Lens Implants
- BMedSci University of Nottingham 1996
- BMBS University of Nottingham 1999
- MRCOphth Manchester Royal Eye Hospital 2004
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2010
- CertLRS Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2012
- Clinical Investigator and Medical Advisory Board Member at Abbot Medical Optics
- Clinical Investigator and Medical Advisory Board Member Alcon Surgical