Mr Davey has worked as a Consultant Ophthalmologist in Calderdale and Huddersfield since 1997.
BSc (Hons), D Opt, MB BS, FRCOphth
As well as seeing patients with general ophthalmological conditions, Mr Davey has a specific interest in ocular motility and strabismus.
Mr Davey enjoys cycling in the countryside as well as listening to music, socialising and travelling.
Mr Davey has held a substantive post at Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS trust since 1997, where he also supervises and trains junior doctors in clinical, surgical and professional skills.
Mr Davey also holds the following posts:
• Treasurer of the Huddersfield Post Graduate Medical Trust 1998 to date
• Royal College of Ophthalmologist tutor in ophthalmology
• Communications Officer of the British Ophthalmic Clinical Directors’ Forum
• Part-time Lecturer, University of Bradford Department of Optometry & Visual Sciences
Mr Davey is also a member of the:
• Fellow Royal College Ophthalmologists
• British Medical Association
• United Kingdom and Irish Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
• British Isles Strabismus Association
• Medical Contact Lens & Ocular Surface Association (MCLOSA)
• Medical Defence Union
Mr Davey is the author of many papers and chapters on ophthalmic subjects including cataract surgery, neuro-ophthalmology and glaucoma.