Mr El-Hindy has been a Consultant Ophthalmologist in York and Leeds since 2010, and he has a special interest in Oculoplastics and Lacrimal and Orbital surgery.
BSc. (Hons), MB. ChB. (Hons), FRCOphth
Mr. Nabil El-Hindy is a Consultant Oculoplastic and Ophthalmic surgeon based at the York & Leeds NHS Teaching Hospital Trusts.
Mr. El-Hindy is a trained Ophthalmologist who has developed a specialist interest in Oculoplastic (eyelid), Lacrimal (tear duct) and Orbital (eye socket) surgery. He undertook Fellowship training at Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital as well as an ASTO (Advanced Subspecialty Training) in Oculoplastic, Lacrimal and Orbital surgery at St. James University Hospital, Leeds. He is a member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society.
Mr. El-Hindy has written over 30 research papers relating to Ophthalmology and Oculoplastic surgery and has presented at both national and international meetings. He also has an interest in training and is currently College Tutor for York Hospital. He is also a current examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, and an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer in Ophthalmology at the University of Leeds.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Ophthalmic Plastic Surgical Society
- North of England Oculoplastics Group
- Royal College representative of the Consultant Appointment Committee
- College Tutor & Examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists