Mrs Khan has been a Consultant Ophthalmologist in Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS trust since 2010, and she has a special interest in diabetic retinopathy, age related macular degeneration and retinal vein occlusions.
She is also the clinical lead for Calderdale and South Kirklees diabetic retinopathy screening programme. She is an honorary Lecturer at Bradford University and a trustee of the Yorkshire retina society.
Mrs Khan has many publications in the field of wet macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- Lead for medical retina research in CHFT (principle investigator for multiple clinical trials including ROSA, LEAVO, IRISS)
- Lead for wetAMD/antiVEGF service at CHFT
- Royal college of ophthalmology tutor since 2011
- Course organiser for foundation training in ophthalmology since 2013
- Lead for undergraduate medical student education in CHFT ophthalmology since 2011
- Royal college of ophthalmology examiner. September 2015
- Honorary lecturer at bradford university since 2010