We are looking for a Receptionist to work on a part time (4 days per week) basis at our flagship hospital on Harley Street, Central London.
Our passion is eyes, that’s why we have 7 dedicated hospitals which only look after eyes!
We started out with the aim of perfection. Our founder underwent eye surgery and afterwards thought “I can do better” and so Optegra was born with a commitment to provide the best eye health care possible. Our trust pilot scores shout as much – we’re the UK’s most trusted eye care specialist group!
On the note of striving for perfection, we’re a proud pioneer in eye healthcare in the UK. In fact, we have our very own eye sciences department which is constantly researching new technologies, partnering with leading UK universities across the country.
Purpose of Post
To be part of a multi-disciplined team contributing to the activity of the Patient Services Team. Responsibilities of the role will include: providing cover at the main hospital reception, being the first point of contact for patients and all other hospital visitors both in person and over the telephone, greeting patients and visitors at reception in a professional manner, supporting the Patient Services Team by assisting with patient queries before, and following consultation, billing, general administration support to Patient Services team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To promote a sensitive and caring approach to all patients, visitors and colleagues within the hospital environment.
• Answer and screen incoming telephone calls directing the caller to the appropriate staff member. Taking messages when necessary.
• Greet patients and check them in using appropriate reporting tools (DGL / Paper schedules).
• Direct patients to Outpatients or Daycare Units.
• Liaise with patients and relatives in a professional and compassionate manner.
• Ensure that patients in the reception area are managed pro-actively at all times and kept informed of any delays.
• Ensure that the reception area is kept tidy and well stocked at all times
• Learning and participating in the Livsey Solar approach to customer and patient service and using these principles to provide exemplary standards of patient care.
• Consistently follow the procedure for meeting and greeting all patients to ensure they receive a good welcome and are fully informed of what their visit will entail.
• Support the management of relationships between patients and Consultants/Surgeons/Optometrists.
• Receive and distribute the post daily.
• Organise the booking of taxi’s for patients.
• Receive deliveries when necessary.
• Ordering of office stationery.
• Franking of outgoing mail, ad hoc clerical duties.
• Update Unified Communicator on a weekly basis.
• Co-ordinate and support promotional events e.g. open evenings
• Provide ad-hoc support to the Patient Liaisons (including annual leave/sickness cover where appropriate)
• Awareness of CQC policies and updates, and following correct procedures for documenting and reporting any incident
• Support the Patient and Clinical Services teams in preparation for CQC visits.
• Strive at all times to ensure a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• To observe patient confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
• To ensure effective communication at all times with patients, relatives, carers, visitors, staff and others
• Communicating effectively and empathetically with all patients, colleagues and external contacts.
• Sharing best practice skills with all colleagues.
Skills & Experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Well organised, able to prioritise and cope well with pressure
• Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to act as a resource for colleagues & staff
• Good working knowledge of Optegra systems e.g. DGL, Medisoft
• Good IT skills ie good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Represent the brand and all its’ Shared Values
• Experience of working in a front of house/face to face customer service role
• Experience of customer billing/accounts is useful
• Private Healthcare experience is desirable.
• Professional and caring attitude
• Flexible and able to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Pro-active and assertive
• Diplomatic and empathetic approach
• Articulate, well mannered and well presented
• Commitment to excellence and excellent customer care
• Confident with senior colleagues, clinicians and key suppliers