COVID-19 – We’re open & following government advice (3rd Jan) with the highest safety standards. More.
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
- B.Sc (Hons) 1994
- FRCOphth (2000)
- MB.ChB 1996
- MRCSEd (1999)
- Yorkshire Eye Hospital
- Blepharitis (Eyelid Surgery)
- Standard Cataract Treatment
- Dry Eye
- Elected Council member (2010-2015) - UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive surgery
- Examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologist
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologist (2000)
- Honorary Secretary (President elect Oct 2018)- The North of England Ophthalmological Society
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Member of Surgical Skills Faculty - the Royal College of Ophthalmologist
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh 1999)
- Ophthalmic representative at the British Standard Institute for the Royal College of Ophthalmological Society
- Regional representative – National Ocular Tissue Advice Group
- Royal College representative at the Consultant Appointment Committee for the Royal College of Ophthalmological Society
- Vice President -Medical contact lens and ocular surface association
Mr. Chung holds the post of Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust. Mr. Chung has performed in excess of 13,000 ophthalmic operations.
Mr Chung graduated from the Medical School in the University of Leeds in 1996. He had undertaken both the basic and advanced surgical training in ophthalmology in the Yorkshire region. He then developed my sub-specialty interests in Cornea and Oculoplastic (Eyelid) surgery by undertaking a super specialised fellowship programme at the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital & Leeds General Infirmary. He is particularly well qualified, having performed in excess of 13,000 ophthalmic operations (including over 5,000 small-incision sutureless cataract/lens surgery and 4,000 eyelid surgery).
Download a free infopack
Not ready for a consultation? Learn more about our range of treatments, doctors and hospitals.Information pack
Free Virtual Consultation
It takes under a minute to book your virtual consultation with UK's top rated vision correction clinicBook Now
Call us free
We'll answer any questions you may have about treatment.
0808 163 5845
Lines open Mon-Thu: 8am-7pm, Fri: 8am - 5.30pm, Sat: 9am-4.30pm