- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
- Cert. LRS Royal College of Ophthalmologist
- DCEH. University of London
- FRCS. Royal College of Surgeons
- MBBS University of Colombo
- MRCOphth. Royal College of Ophthalmologist
- Central London Eye Hospital
- North London Eye Hospital
- Surrey Eye Hospital
- Standard Cataract Treatment
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Refractive Lens Exchange
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- GMC No. 4061272
- UK & Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
Mr. Sumith Perera is one of the most experienced cataract and refractive surgeons in the country having performed more than 22,000 cataract and refractive procedures. He is highly skilled in using refractive lasers and is a UK pioneer in femtosecond lasers for cataract and refractive surgery.
He won a prestigious World Health Organisation scholarship to study Ophthalmology at the Institute of Ophthalmology London. Following completion of his training in the South Thames region and Moorfields Eye Hospital he joined the NHS in 1996. Currently he is a substantive consultant ophthalmic surgeon with special interest in Cataract Surgery and Emergency Eye Care at the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust and Prince Charles Eye Unit Windsor.
He trained in LASIK surgery in Chicago USA in 2001, and was one of the earliest surgeons to perform LASIK surgery in England. He is an accredited laser refractive surgeon having obtained the Certificate in Laser Refractive Surgery from the Royal College of Ophthalmologist. He is in the Ophthalmology specialist register of the General Medical Council. He was awarded a distinction on completion of the University of Ulster Refractive Surgery Course.
Patient Safety is paramount and Mr. Perera uses his clinical experience and expertise to give his patients the best possible advice and uses his surgical skills to achieve excellent visual outcomes.
Download a free infopack
Not ready for a consultation? Learn more about our range of treatments, doctors and hospitals.Information pack
Call us free
For a FREE no obligation, one-to-one consultation, or to answer any questions.
0808 163 5845
Line is open Mon-Fri: 9am-6pm, Sat: 9am-2pm