BScOptom (First Class Hons.)
Optometrist at Optegra Eye Hospital Birmingham
Currently studying to become an Independent Prescriber.
Places of study: Aston University
Past professional history:
Louise had roles in private practice, as a hospital optometrist in paediatric clinics and as a lecturer for the Guide Dogs for the Blind (Guide Dog Mobility Instructor Degree and Masters affiliated with Southampton University). She has written numerous educational optometric articles for the professional press. Awarded the Association of British Dispensing Opticians (ABDO) Readership award for one of my articles in 2013.
Training of Bank Optometrists and tutored at Optegra training days for pre-registration optometrists in Manchester and Birmingham.
Overseas charity work: N/A
Member of societies/bodies: MCOptom
- Agreement between two optical biometry devices. Louise Stainer, Andreas Hartwig, Mitchell Titley, Michelle Hanratty, Jay Dermott, Robert Morris and Clare O’Donnell – awaiting publication
- Clinical evaluation of the MPS 9000 Macular Pigment Screener. Hannah Bartlett, Louise Stainer, Sandip Singh; Frank Eperjesi; Olivia Howells. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 94(6): 753-756.
- Glaucoma – Definitions, Epidemiology and Pathophysiology. Louise Stainer and Imran Masood. Optometry in Practice. Awaiting publication.
- Developments in glaucoma management. Louise Stainer and Imran Masood. Optometry Today August 2014 p40-44
- Macular Degeneration Case Study. Louise Stainer and Salman Mirza. Opticianonline.net. February 2015
- Macular Conditions Part 5. Inherited and Acquired Maculopathies. Louise Stainer and Salman Mirza. Optician September 2014. p26-31
- Macular Conditions Part 4. Management. Louise Stainer and Salman Mirza. Optician August 2014 p18-20
- Macular Conditions Part 3 Clinical assessment of the macula. Louise Stainer and Salman Mirza. Optician July 2014 p17-20
- Macular Opticians. Part 2. Macular Degeneration – prevalence and incidence. Louise Stainer and Salman Mirza. Optician April 2014 p16-20
- Understanding Macular Degeneration. Louise Stainer. Dispensing Optics. ABDO April 2014 p4-9
- Macular Conditions. Part 1. Macular holes. Louise Stainer. Optician. February 2014 p22-26
- Macular Conditions 1: Macular Hole. Louise Stainer. Dispensing Optics. ABDO. December 2013 p4-9
- Refractive Surgery 2. Louise Stainer. Dispensing Optics. ABDO. March 2013 p10-14
- Refractive Surgery 1. Louise Stainer. Dispensing Optics. ABDO. March 2013 p4-8
- Contact lens complications. Louise Stainer. Dispensing Optics. ABDO May 2012 p4-13
- Cataract 2. Louise Stainer. Dispensing Optics ABDO October 2011 p4-10
- Cataract 1. Louise Stainer. Dispensing Optics September 2011 ABDO p4-10
- Cataract 2: Systemic diseases and syndromes. Louise Stainer. Optician July 2010. Available online at http://www.opticianonline.net/Articles/2010/07/23/25959/Cataract+-+Part+2+Systemic+diseases+and+syndromes.htm
- Cataracts: Etiology, morphology and classification. Louise Stainer. Optician April 2010; p22-26
- Cataract Surgery Complications 2. Early Post-operative Complications. Louise Stainer. Optometry Today, July 2009
- Cataract Surgery Complications. Intraoperative Complications. Louise Stainer. Optometry Today. June 2009
- Wet Macular degeneration: pathogenesis and the role of VEGF. Louise Stainer. Optician. March 2009,
- Age-related macular degeneration. Professor Jonathan Gibson and Louise Stainer. Optician. February 2009
- Agreement between two optical biometry devices. Louise Stainer, Andreas Hartwig, Mitchell Titley, Michelle Hanratty,Jay Dermott1, Robert Morris1 and Clare O’Donnell. UKISCRS 2014.
- Current Thoughts and Opinions of Optometrists on Nutritional Supplement Use in Clinical Practice. Louise Stainer, Frank Eperjesi. International Society for Low Vision Research and Rehabilitation, Gothenburg 2002.
- Eye nutrition summary; Birmingham Life magazine September 2008
- IOL Master: Optical Biometry Basic and Advanced training. Zeiss. January 2008; review published in Eye News.
- Cataract Surgery – post-operative complications. East of England CET conference. 21st April 2010