Jo-Sheetal Thethy BSc (Hons)
Optometrist at Optegra Eye Hospital North London
Working alongside consultants who specialise in refractive lens exchange/laser, cataracts, glaucoma and retinal pathology.
Places of study:
Past professional history:
- Aston University (Bachelor of Science degree)
- City University London Postgraduate Module in Glaucoma
- Direct Cataract and Wet ARMD Referral Scheme for Surrey PCT.
- Cohort research study on Photo Dynamic Therapy treatment with Visudyne for patients with wet macular degeneration, at the Prince Charles Eye Unit at King Edward VII Hospital.
- Direct Local Health clinic under Moorfields Eye Hospital for the long term follow up of stable glaucoma patients.
- Pre and post operative assessments for cataract surgery at the BMI hospital, Bishops Wood.
I am interested in evaluating the use of Ocular Coherence Tomography, (OCT), pre-operatively for optometrist led cataract surgery assessments.
Training of Optometrists:
Facilitator at Professional Advancement Committee conference (hosted by Specsavers).
Supervisor at a Vision Express pre-registration ocular disease events.
Overseas charity work:
I am an active member of Vision Aid Overseas charity and Sight Aid International and have participated in outreach projects in Lusaka and Livingstone (Zambia) and Mekelle (Ethiopia).
Member of societies/bodies:
Registered with the General Optical Council
I enjoy researching rare eye conditions and have published an article in the Optician journal on the Classification and Management of Coats’ Disease