CCT, FRCOphth (London)
Joined Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester in 2014
Places of study:
- University of the West Indies (1995)
- London and KSS Deanery (2004-2005)
- Yorkshire and Humber Deanery (2005-2009)
Past professional history:
- Consultant posts – York Teaching Hospital (2009-2010)
- Darlington Memorial Hospital (2010-2012)
- Bradford Royal Infirmary (BRI) (2012-present)
- Airedale General Hospital (2012-present)
- St. James’ University Hospital (2013-present)
- Essex County Hospital (2000-2002)
- Moorfields Eye hospital (2004)
- Essex County Hospital (2004-2005)
- Queen Mary’s Sidcup Hospital (2005)
Training of other surgeons:
- College Tutor for Ophthalmic Trainees
- Clinical/Educational Supervisor for Ophthalmic Trainees at BRI.
Overseas charity work: None at present.
Member of societies, bodies etc.: Member of GMC, BMA, ESCRS, UKISCRS, YRS and YGS
- Necrotising Fasciitis managed without any surgical intervention. Khan A, Ahmad N. Eye 2001. Dec;15(6):811-812.
- The eye in systemic sepsis. Khan A, Okhravi N, Lightman S.Clin Med. 2002 Sept-Oct;2(5):444-8
- The eye in gastrointestinal disease. Khan A, Lightman S.Hospl Med. 2003 Sept;64(9):548-51
- Surveillance of endophthalmitis following cataract surgery in the UK. Kamalarajah S, Silvestri G, Sharma N, Khan A, et al. Eye 2004 June; 18(6):580-7
- Long-term outcomes of Needle Revision of Trabeculectomy Blebs with MMC and 5-FU – A Comparative Safety and Efficacy Report. Anand N, Khan A. Journal of Glaucoma 2009 Sep; 18(7):513-520.
- Factors Determining Visual Outcome In Endogenous Candida Endophthalmitis. Sallam A, Taylor SA, Khan A, et al. Retina. 2012 Jun;32(6):1129-3