Mr Chung holds the post of Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
B.Sc.(Hons), M.B.Ch.B., MRCS(Ed), FRCOphth
He is particularly well qualified, having performed in excess of 3000 ophthalmic operations (including over 1500 small-incision sutureless cataract surgery and 1000 eyelid surgery). He has a special interest in small incision cataract surgery with the latest advanced multi-focal lens implants, cornea, dry eyes and eyelid surgery.
• Sutureless cataract surgery (including advanced multi-focal and accommodative intra-ocular lens implantation)
• Refractive lens surgery for those with short-sightedness, long-sightedness and astigmatism, and unsuitable for laser surgery
• Corneal grafting (both full thickness and more advanced partial thickness lamellar grafting)
• Eyelid surgery – for droopy or sagging eyelid, in-turning/out-turning eyelids and tumour removal
• Dry eyes
While not at work, Mr Chung’s other passions include gastronomy, travelling, tennis and taekwondo.
• Advanced Surgical Fellowship:
• Manchester Royal Eye Hospital – Cornea & Refractive Surgery (2005-6)
• Leeds Teaching Hospitals – Oculoplastic (Eyelid)
• Cornea & Anterior Segment service Lead (Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust)
• Ophthalmology Post-graduate Education Programme Lead (Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust)
• Invited guest reviewer for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists’ Academic Journal: Eye
• Examiner of Medical students, University of Leeds
Mr Chung is also a member of:
• Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (UK)
• Elected Council member – UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (UKISCRS)
• Elected Council member – The North of England Ophthalmological Society
• Selected Partner – UK Post-graduate Medical Education and Training Board (PMETB)
• Member of Surgical Skills Faculty – the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (UK)
• Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
• Member of International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
• Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
• Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
He has presented in excess of 20 academic papers in national and international meetings (USA, Australia, Europe and some of these have been published in prestigious international academic journals including Ophthalmology, Eye and Archives of Ophthalmology. He was the winner of the Best Academic Paper Presentation Prize at the North of England Ophthalmological Society Annual Meeting and the Yorkshire Regional Brian Harcourt Best Poster Presentation Prize in 2006 respectively.