Dan Nguyen is a NHS Consultant Ophthalmologist and the Lead Clinician for Glaucoma at Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
After graduating from the University of Bristol Medical School, he gained considerable experience at St. Paul’s Eye Unit at the Royal Liverpool Hospital, and the Bristol Eye Hospital. He has since completed advanced specialist Glaucoma fellowships at the Bristol Eye Hospital, and the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
As well as dealing with the full range of general ophthalmic conditions, he has special interests in customised cataract surgery, and the assessment, diagnosis, medical and surgical management of all forms of glaucoma.
Mr Dan Nguyen joined Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester in April 2013.
He publishes his research regularly in peer-reviewed medical journals, and lectures in the field of Ophthalmology. He is a reviewer for several ophthalmic journals, and maintains research interests in neuroprotection and translational research. He holds an Honorary research position at the Centre for Eye Research Australia (CERA), the University of Melbourne, and is an examiner for the College of Optometrists.
Dan Nguyen combines his specialist training, clinical experience and research expertise to deliver dedicated, patient-centred, evidence-based care.
- Fellow of the Royal College Ophthalmologists
- British Medical Association
- Member of the UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
- Member of the UK and European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Cataract surgery
- Cataract surgery for patients with glaucoma
- Glaucoma (medical and surgical management)
- Laser treatment for glaucoma
- Micro-incisional (key-hole) glaucoma surgery
- Trabeculectomy and non-penetrating surgery for glaucoma
- Glaucoma implant surgery for complex disease