Mr Faisal Ahmed is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the Western Eye Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS trust, specialising in glaucoma and cataract surgery.
MBBS (London), BSc (Hons), FRCOphth
Mr Ahmed is an author for the Emerging Laser and Surgical Treatments for Glaucoma in a newly developed national website developed by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in collaboration with e-Learning for Healthcare.
Faisal Ahmed is a specialist in Glaucoma providing the latest laser treatments and Nice approved Glaucoma surgical devices and also performs complex cataract surgery.
- National co-ordinator for World Glaucoma Day
- Research interests include glaucoma laser and new surgical techniques for glaucoma
- Faisal qualified in St Georges Hospital Medical School and undertook his clinical BSc at Imperial Colleg.
- Junior and senior trainee and clinical research fellow at Moorfields Eye Hospital.
- Faisal has two clinical fellows working with him as well as a further 6 doctors working with him in his very busy NHS service
- He teaches regularly on surgical courses
- Faisal lectures both nationally and internationally and is Honorary Senior Lecturer Imperial College London
- He is the International Medical Director for a Humanitarian charity called Humanity First