Mr Ghanchi has been a consultant at Optegra Eye Hospital Yorkshire since January 2003.
MBBS, MS(Ophth), FRCOphth
Mr Ghanchi feels that the comprehensive, state of the art ophthalmic care that Optegra offers is a very unique environment. He says, ‘We have developed a culture of ‘I care’ alongside meticulous attention to detail, underpinned by a large body of experts in the field.’
Mr Ghanchi has been a consultant in Bradford since 1999 and has a special interest in: medical retina, macular disease including the latest treatments Avastin™ and Lucentis™, PDT and diabetic eye disease.
Mr Ghanchi has held a substantive post at Bradford Royal Infirmary since 1999. He is also a member of:
• Honorary advisory panel of the Secretary of State, visual standards for driving, DVLA Swansea
• Admission Committee for Faculty of Medicine, University of Leeds
• Local Research Ethics Committee
• Steering Committee: Implementation of NSF for Diabetes
• Member: Subject Expert Panel – Diabetes – College of Optometrists
• Examiner, Royal College of Ophthalmologists
• Review for Journals: Eye and Optometry in Practice
Mr Ghanchi has publications in peer-reviewed journals and has presented posters and given presentations to learned societies.