Mr Paul Rosen specialises in laser eye surgery, cataract surgery and lens replacement.
BSc(Hons), MB ChB, FRCS, FRCOphth, MBA
Paul Rosen completed Medical training at Manchester University before a specialist training at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. Registered with the General Medical Council as a Specialist in Ophthalmology, Paul Rosen then accepted a position as Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Oxford Eye Hospital in 1993. He was Head of Department from 1998 to 2004 and performs over 1000 cataract/refractive surgical procedures each year between his NHS and private practices.
Paul first performed laser refractive surgery in 1991 at Moorfields Eye Hospital and commenced LASIK treatments in 1997. With a keen interest in education, he is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Oxford and an Examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists for the Certificate in Refractive Surgery.
Committed to quality in refractive surgery and valued for his 18 years of experience in laser refractive surgery, Paul was invited to participate on the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Refractive Surgery Working Party.
He advises the government’s National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE).
Paul is the current President of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS) the largest Society in Europe dedicated to refractive surgery, and past President of the UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (UKISCRS). He is also a Medical Editor of Eurotimes, a publication of the ESCRS. Paul is regularly invited to lecture on cataract and refractive surgery both nationally and internationally.
Qualifications and Awards
- President European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- Past President, UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Registered with the General Medical Council as a Specialist in Ophthalmology
- Medical Editor, Eurotimes ESCRS magazine
- Chairman of the Programme and Practice Management Committees of the ESCRS
- Honour Award recipient from the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists Examiner in Refractive Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Certificate in Refractive Surgery, Royal College of Ophthalmologists