The cost of cataract surgery can vary based on many different factors, including:
- Type of Intraocular Lens (IOL): The choice of intraocular lens can impact the overall cost. Premium lenses, such as multifocal or toric lenses, which correct for astigmatism or provide a range of vision, may be more expensive than standard monofocal lenses.
- Quality of Facility and Surgeon Experience: Highly experienced surgeons using state-of-the-art facilities and techniques may charge slightly higher fees.
At Optegra, our cataract surgery costs are simple and transparent. We offer a fixed price per eye for the treatment carried out, starting at £2,655 per eye, and, unlike other cataract surgery providers, we don’t add on extra costs along the way.
We pride ourselves on having no hidden fees, so you can be confident from the start about how much your cataract treatment will cost. Our tiered packages can be found below, which outline exactly what treatment is included for the price you pay. We also have 0% finance options available, should that be a route you wish to explore.
We are committed to improving our patients’ quality of vision and, in turn, their quality of life. If you’d like more information, you can arrange a free, no-obligation, comprehensive cataract consultation to understand all your options.
Cataract Surgery Cost
Optegra offer fair & transparent pricing with attractive 0% finance options
Standard Cataract Treatment
Cataract surgery with monofocal lens
Enhanced Cataract Treatment
Cataract & astigmatism treatment with a toric lens
Advanced Cataract Treatment
The most advanced cataract surgery using a multifocal lens
Want to reduce your monthly payment?
Try changing your payment period.
If you decide to go for a 12 or 24-month payment structure, you can benefit from 0% APR with a minimum of 10% required to secure your surgery date. Alternatively, an advanced form of cataract surgery called lens replacement surgery is also available, and you can view details of our specific lens replacement surgery costs.
- A designated consultant and continuity of care – You will be seen by the same consultant and team throughout the entire process, from your initial consultation, through to the surgery, and also for the post-operative follow-up. This is unusual nowadays, as most eye hospitals and health clinics provide a segmented service, which we believe hinders the quality of care.
- Personalised treatment – We recognise that all our patients are different. Your needs may be different to someone else’s. That’s why all our cataract surgery packages include a personalised treatment plan that takes your lifestyle into account.
- The latest advanced technology – We are well known for using the most advanced and innovative technology in all our eye hospitals, guaranteeing the best results.
- Diagnostic eye tests – We provide a wide range of diagnostic eye tests, which are carried out by our specially trained clinical teams.
- Specialist eye hospitals – Your consultation, surgery and follow-up appointments will all take place at one of our dedicated Optegra eye hospitals. We have purpose-built hospitals all across the UK, so you can keep your travel costs low.
- Comprehensive aftercare – As standard, cataract treatment at Optegra includes a comprehensive cataract surgery recovery plan that is completely tailored to your needs. This not only includes follow-up visits, but also incorporates a dedicated out-of-hours helpline number and any home medication that is required. This package includes one year free aftercare.
Optegra patient following his double cataract treatment with us
I now have stunning, crisp, clear vision that I understand is way better than 20/20, be it at day or night. It’s something that I always hoped was possible but had not anticipated. I now have eyesight to die for, this is sight perfection!
Download a free infopack
Not ready for a consultation? Learn more about our range of treatments, doctors and hospitalsInformation pack
Free Virtual Consultation
Book your virtual consultation with our top rated eye hospitalsBook Now
Call us free
We'll answer any questions you may have about treatment.
Private: Mon-Thu: 8am-7pm, Fri: 8am – 5.30pm NHS: Mon-Fri: 8am – 6pm
Manage your existing bookings & paymentsPatient Portal