Coronavirus – How we are managing our services
The safety of our patients and staff is our first priority. We are following advice from Public Health England and the Royal College of Ophthalmologists with regards to providing Ophthalmology services. The measures we have in place are described below.
Measures in place
- If you feel unwell at all please contact us BEFORE you visit our sites. Symptoms for Covid-19; Fever or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose.
- If you are in an covid ‘at risk’ group please contact us so we can discuss how we treat you safely.
- DO NOT attend for surgery if you have had a Covid vaccination or a Flu vaccination in the 2 days prior to surgery.
- Staff and patients are required to wear masks on site. These will be provided to patients on arrival at our hospital sites.
- Where we can we will conduct virtual consultations to reduce the number of visits to our hospital sites.
- Our staff continue to test for covid weekly and follow government self-isolation guidelines if they test positive.