COVID-19 **update from 19th July 2021 ** We continue to provide the highest safety standards. More.
- The STAAR Surgical ICL (also referred to as the Implantable Collamer Lens) corrects visual problems including farsightedness, nearsightedness and astigmatism
- The procedure places a flexible, soft lens in the eye right in between your natural lens and the iris
- The EVO Visian ICL procedure is also known as additive vision correction. It works along with your natural eyes to provide excellent quality of vision
- Unlike other forms of vision correction, there is no removal of corneal tissue with EVO Visian ICL
Proven Performance, Outstanding Outcomes
99.4% of patients would have the Visian ICL procedure again.Visian ICL Team
ICL tends to be best suited to people under the age of 50 as this is when presbyopia normally develops. However, if you are aged between 50 and 60 and have a high prescription and are unsuitable for laser eye surgery you may also be suitable. The tests carried out at your free consultation will determine if you qualify for Implantable Collamer Lenses.
- If you suffer from mild to severe myopia (short sightedness) (-0.5D to -20D)
- If you suffer from mild to severe hyperopia (long sightedness) (+0.5D to +10.0D)
- If you suffer from astigmatism (0.5 and 6.0 D)
- If you have a high prescription and are unsuitable for laser eye surgery
- If you suffer from mild to severe dry eye
Implantable Contact Lenses are a technologically advanced alternative to wearing glasses or daily or monthly contact lenses.
- Bio-compatible Implantable Collamer Contact Lenses are tiny soft lenses which are placed in the eye between the natural lens and the iris.
- Wearing an EVO Visian ICL is like wearing a regular contact lens, but inside your eye as opposed to on the ocular surface
- An Implantable Collamer Lens is invisible and can be removed if necessary
- Sharp, clear vision
- Superb results
- Excellent night vision achieved by Visian ICL patients
- Fast results. Often, Visian ICL patients achieve improved vision right after treatment
- Suitable for thin corneas. Unlike other types of vision correction options, Visian ICL is a good option for patients with thin corneas
- Suitable for nearsightedness. Visian ICL can correct myopia of up to -200
What Visian ICL Patients Are Saying
You don't realise you can't see well until you know what good vision isEve Torres Gracie
Visian ICL Patient & 3 Times Wrestling Champion
- No Dry Eye. Because EVO’s unique lenses are made from biocompatible collamer, they work together with your own eye without causing dry eye
- Completely Removable. In case your prescription changes over time, the EVO lenses may be safely and simply removed at any time
- Fast Treatment & Recovery. Treatment is usually completed within 20-30 minutes, with many patients achieving better vision almost instantly
Step 1: Your in-depth consultation
Your glasses prescription will be checked by our Optometrist and your eyes analysed with a series of thorough and comprehensive tests to check your suitability.
Your consultant will then discuss your specific requirements in detail. This will be the same person who carries out your ICL procedure and your checks at the follow-up appointments.
Step 2: Before the implantable contact lens procedure
When you arrive at the Optegra Eye Hospital, your consultant and our expert medical team will review you and make you feel relaxed. Anaesthetic eye drops will be administered: once they’ve taken effect, your consultant will begin the treatment.
Step 3: The procedure
A small incision is made on the surface of your eye, then the ICL is folded up and placed into your eye using a special delivery device. This is designed to make the incision on the surface of the eye as small as possible. The lens is inserted into the eye through the delivery device and unfolds into position.
Step 4: Rest and recovery
Afterwards, you will be taken to our recovery suite to relax until you feel completely ready to return home.
Step 5: Your aftercare
You will be contacted the day after your implantable contact lens procedure. A follow-up consultation will be arranged in the first week after your surgery to check on your progress, assess the results of your ICL procedure and provide expert aftercare. It is recommended that regular eye checks be attended following this surgery.
Implantable Contact Lenses cost £3,795 per eye. We offer single price packages so you know exactly what you’re paying without any hidden extras. This price includes your consultation, the surgery and aftercare.
We also offer various finance options so that you can split the cost of your Implantable Collamer Lens or Lenses across a monthly payment plan. You can also decide whether you would like to pay 10% or 20% of the total cost upfront. Use our handy price calculator to get a no-strings attached, personalised quote now.
ICL is an alternative solution to laser eye surgery and ideal if you have a high prescription and are unsuitable for laser eye surgery. This is particularly relevant for those under 40 because the natural lens of the eye, and therefore the capacity for close-up vision, is retained.
Some patients are not suitable for an ICL because the space where the lens rests is not large enough. The tests carried out at your consultation will check that there is sufficient space in your eye for the lens to be placed and housed safely.
In a word, yes, they can remain in the eye, and are removable if necessary. Implantable Contact Lenses are a highly effective, safe and permanent solution for correcting both long-sightedness (hyperopia) and short-sightedness (myopia) and astigmatism.
The EVO Visian ICL procedure allows many people to say goodbye to their glasses and/or daily or monthly contact lenses for good (although you may find you still need them for certain tasks, for example, if you have presbyopia and require reading glasses for close work). Implantable Contact Lenses have changed the lives of numerous people, giving them back clear vision, and a better quality of life.
While no surgical procedure comes without risk, Implantable Collamer Lens surgery is a sophisticated development of cataract surgery – which is one of the world’s most frequently performed surgical procedures.
In addition to this, and unlike other forms of vision correction, with EVO Visian ICL there is no removal of the eye’s corneal tissue. Your world-class Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon will have safely performed the procedure many, many times and they will also give you the opportunity to discuss any risks, and ask any questions that you might have, at your free consultation.
Implantable Contact Lenses are a permanent answer to eyesight issues such as, blurred distance vision and astigmatism, and can be removed if necessary.
For anyone wholly dependent glasses or daily or monthly contact lenses, an Implantable Collamer Lens provides a life-changing solution to the inconvenience and issues caused by problems with your eyesight. Put simply, Implantable Contact Lenses are an investment in your future.
There isn’t really anything specific you shouldn’t do after having Implantable Contact Lens surgery, although we do advise that, if you work, you take three days off to recover completely. This does depend on the nature of your job, however, and if you work in a smoky or dusty environment, we do recommend that you take a two week recovery period if at all possible.
To discuss any particular lifestyle concerns you may have regarding what you can and can’t do immediately after your EVO Visian ICL procedure, speak to your Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at your free consultation.
Your sight will normally return a few hours after the operation, and after your Implantable Collamer Lens procedure you will be taken to our recovery suite where you are encouraged to relax until you feel completely ready to leave.
Some patients find that their vision is blurry for the first couple of days after treatment although this will gradually improve over the following week or two. Within four to six weeks, your eyesight will have reached its optimum level.
The success rate for Implantable Collamer Lens surgery is extremely high when it is performed at one of Optegra’s dedicated eye hospitals. Our Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeons are of a world class standard and are all NHS-trained. They are all also Fellows of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
Between them, our lens surgeons have successfully carried out thousands of EVO Visian ICL procedures, creating a rapidly growing number of people who have discovered the life-changing effects of ICL surgery. If you’re considering treatment, book a or request a call back today.
Keratoconus is a progressive eye disease that causes the cornea to thin and bulge into a cone-like shape. It is usually treated with glasses or soft contact lenses to correct vision problems. However, as the condition worsens, hard contact lenses, that are rigid gas permeable are the only real option.
The good news is that if keratoconus is diagnosed early, there are procedures that can prevent it from worsening. Instead of Implantable Contact Lenses, Corneal Cross-Linking (CCL) is performed to help to stop the progression of the disease. Topography guided laser treatment can be an additional option and can be used in conjunction with CCL to stabilise and improve vision.