Leading eye hospital group, Optegra, has made a series of new appointments across its UK hospitals, creating a full team of Professional Partnership Managers.
The Professional Partnership Managers are tasked with building relationships with optometrists, GPs, CCGs and strategic partners in the geographic areas surrounding the hospitals, to raise awareness of Optegra’s offering and encourage referrals.
John Behrendt, Interim Managing Director of Optegra, says: “It is important to have a team who focus entirely on developing relationships with the ophthalmic and medical community local to each of our hospitals.
“With six hospitals and a number of out-reach clinics around the UK, we want to ensure that local medical professionals, both privately and across the NHS, are fully aware of how Optegra can support and treat their patients.”
The new team consists of:
• Julieanne Page, Optegra Solent Eye Hospital. Julieanne has worked for over 23 years in private and NHS healthcare sectors including a management position in the local NHS ophthalmic department and as a CQC registered manager. This has given her a wealth of experience which in turn has helped enhance her overall view of the health service.
- Katy Ibbitson, Optegra Yorkshire Eye Hospital, has over five years experience working in ophthalmology, including within the Yorkshire Eye Hospital prior to its acquisition by Optegra. She describes her role as giving her the opportunity to work with some of the best ophthalmic surgeons in the business as well as engage with the optometric community and meet some outstanding optometrists.
- Dee Rana, Optegra Birmingham Eye Hospital. Graduating with a degree in International Business Management, Dee immediately started working in the healthcare sector, which she sees as innovative, fast paced, exciting and ever-changing. Dee previously worked with Ophthalmology medical devices which provided great insight into developments that have been made and the future of technology within the ophthalmic field.
- Leyana Martin, Optegra Surrey Eye Hospital. Leyana has worked in optics all her working life starting with a Saturday job in Specsavers at just 14! She went on to manage that practice before taking on management of one of Vision Express’ flagship practices. She then worked in account management with Rodenstock and Zeiss before joining Optegra. She says her position now combines the best of her pervious roles, enabling her to use her ophthalmic knowledge and customer service experience.
- Amanda Outram, Optegra Manchester Eye Hospital. Amanda was previously a Business Development Manager for Alcon for almost four years, working closely with the optometry community to grow their contact lens business. Prior to that she worked for three years at Astra Zeneca in primary care with GP’s, nurses and pharmacists promoting products for asthma and heart disease. She has a degree in Biomedical Science.
- Alan Hopley, Optegra Eye Hospital, London. Alan has been working in healthcare for the past five years having moved from retail. An operations manager by background, he has diverse experience and a strong ability to network with stakeholders. Alan is passionate about the quality Optegra stand for, and consistently achieve for both professionals and patients.
Optegra is a specialist provider of ophthalmic services in the UK, China, Czech Republic, Poland and Germany. It operates 25 eye hospitals and clinics and brings together leading edge research and medical expertise, state-of-the-art surgical equipment and top ophthalmic surgeons renowned for their areas of expertise to offer excellent clinical outcomes in laser vision correction, refractive lens exchange (Clarivu™), cataract removal, AMD, vitreoretinal and oculoplastics procedures all carried out in five-star patient facilities.