A unique tailor made lens that’s right for you
One of the reasons our eyesight deteriorates as we age is that the lenses in our eyes naturally harden (a condition known as “Presbyopia”) – this means your eyes will not be able to focus as clearly at different distances. Of course, the usual solution is glasses, but Clarivu offers an alternative solution that means you may never have to wear glasses again.
Clarivu permanent lens replacement involves your Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon removing the natural lens from the eye and replacing it permanently with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
A lens to meet your lifestyle and vision needs
Your consultant will choose an artificial intraocular lens (IOL) customised to your exact needs. This new lens can provide the benefit of being able to focus on near, intermediate and far objects, as previously provided by glasses or contact lenses. It can even correct astigmatism.
Your consultant will choose from these options:
- Multifocal IOLs, Trifocal IOL or Bifocal IOLs, create multiple focal points and reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contact lenses.
- Accommodative IOLs that are considered monofocal, meaning they have a fixed focal point. This type of lens is designed to move in response to the eye’s own muscle, which translates into the ability to see at multiple focal points as it moves
- Astigmatism (Toric) Correcting IOLs, designed to eliminate the eye’s natural astigmatism, a condition where the cornea is an irregular shape. These lenses may be monofocal or multifocal.
- Monofocal IOLs, which provide a set focal point, usually for distance vision. This allows patients to see clearly within a range.
- Monovision or blended vision, a technique the surgeon may choose to perform that involves inserting different powered IOLs to achieve a blend of near and distance vision.