Cataracts typically develop slowly so that you don’t even know you have them. For others, the warning signs are quite obvious.
Do you feel your eyesight has deteriorated? Are you having problems driving or with work or hobbies? If your vision has become a lot worse or can’t be corrected by changing your prescription lens, it could be time to consider cataract surgery.
Do any of these symptoms apply to you?
- Cloudy, fuzzy vision - as though you’re looking through fog
- Spots in your vision that you mistake for dirt or scratches on your glasses or contact lens
- Problems with bright lights. You may find this severe and have difficulty driving at night because of the glare from oncoming headlights
- Poor vision at night
- Colours seem faded
- Double images from one eye
- Having to change glasses or contact lenses quite often
If you notice any of these tell tale symptoms, you should get your eyes checked.
What if you wear glasses or contact lenses?
If you have a cataract and wish to reduce your dependence on reading and distance glasses, Optegra can also give you the additional benefit of vision correction with Clarivu. Clarivu is a sophisticated development of the cataract procedure which can correct both long and short-sightedness and eliminates cataracts in one simple, permanent lens replacement procedure.
Book your consultation with an expert Optegra eye surgeon or call us on 01483 903090.