We have worked hard to make it easy for you to apply. Our state of the art Applicant Tracking System is intuitive and means you are able to easily apply using your CV or social media profile which allows you to opt into our talent bank and be kept up-to-date with our latest vacancies.
At Optegra, we like to keep the interview process as simple as possible. We have found that by adding in an initial one-way video interview step, that we get to see your suitability for the role you’re applying for as well as assessing your fit within the business before inviting you in for a formal interview.
Preparing for your video interview
Pre interview tips for conducting yourself
- Show you know your stuff and get to know our culture through in depth research. It’ll make you stand out from the crowd and help confirm you’re choosing the right company and culture fit for you.
- Make sure you’re clued up on the skills we’re looking for and what the job role requires. Why are you the right person for the role?
- Look like a professional and make sure your video set up has you looking and sounding your best.
We’ve put together some top tips to help you get your lighting right and how to avoid the dreaded background noise.
- Make sure your webcam is eye level - place your computer on top of some books and sit about arms length from the camera
- If you’re using a mobile device: 1. Make it stable. 2. Ensure it’s in landscape mode.
- Look directly at the camera, which may feel weird at first but makes the viewer feel like you’re looking and talking to them
- Try to use a plain background or minimise any distractions - you should be the focus of the video.
- To remove echo and soften background noise make sure you’re not in an empty room - the more ‘stuff’ in the room the better
- Look your best by having the light source directly in front of you, whether that be natural light from a window or a lamp directed at you
- Dress appropriately for the company you’re interviewing for, gauge the culture from your research
What to expect from a LAUNCHPAD video interview
It’s really is as easy as 1-2-3. The process goes a bit like this:
- Decide whether you want to do it on a mobile or pc / laptop
- Click the link in your email to enter the interview room
- Test your audio and video and take your interview and you’re done!
Face to Face interview
Dependent on the role and the level of role that you are applying for, the next step of the process would be a 1 or 2 stage face to face interview, where you will learn a lot more about the business to see if we are the right choice for you.
If you are apprehensive about the interview process, please take a look at our interview tips page.