We are recruiting for a Hospital Caretaker to work within our Flagship Central London Hospital on a permanent basis.
Our passion is eyes, that’s why we have 7 dedicated Optegra hospitals which only look after eyes!
We started out with the aim of perfection. Our founder underwent eye surgery and afterwards thought “I can do better” and so Optegra was born with a commitment to provide the best eye health care possible. Our trust pilot scores shout as much – we’re the UK’s most trusted eye care specialist group!
On the note of striving for perfection, we’re a proud pioneer in eye healthcare in the UK. In fact, we have our very own eye sciences department which is constantly researching new technologies, partnering with leading UK universities across the country – searching for the next best thing for our patients.
We believe that each of our patients is special, so we ensure that each and every one of them sees a consultant when they visit us. Our consultants are the most respected in their fields, are NHS trained and are all members of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists. We care about all of our employees and those who partner with us providing training so that we are always at the leading edge of our fields, whether that be inside the hospitals dealing with patients, our optom referral partners or at head office where we exist to support our network of hospital colleagues.
Our goal is to be the World’s most trusted choice for eye care and we need dedicated people at all levels to help us achieve this.
Responsible for the provision of a housekeeping and maintenance service to all areas of the hospital (public and back of house) throughout the day. The job holder will be required to work with all Departments to ensure that all areas are clean, tidy and maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and presentation.
- Ensure all areas of the hospital (public and back of house) are cleared of dirty cups, general waste and tidy at all times during the day
- Ensure newspapers, magazines and stacked and displayed neatly at all times
- Regular emptying of all waste paper bins in public areas during the day
- Regular checking and cleaning (where necessary) during the day of consultant and diagnostic rooms / areas and office areas
- Regular cleaning and tidying throughout the day of all patient areas
- Ensure all soap and paper dispensers are stocked at all times
- Reporting any areas of concern, safety risk or maintenance issues to the Regional Facilities Manager as soon as they are identified
- Complete daily and weekly record sheet
Deliveries and Equipment
- Work with all Department to arrange deliveries and the most effective way for these to be cleared upon arrival at the Hospital
- Support with stock takes as and when required
- Ensure all equipment is store safely and in the appropriate area of the hospital
- Ensure a high standard of general maintenance at all times by regular floor walks and noting any repairs
- Undertake general maintenance repairs on a daily, weekly basis
- Support the Regional Facilities Manager as required on maintenance and cleaning contracts.
- Be a key holder to the premises and respond to calls/call-outs out of hours as required including being part of the on-call crisis management team.
- Manage the disposal of clinical and general waste within the Hospital
- Hospital porter support as required by the Hospital team
- Operate the sesame and gas bottle lift as required
- Communicate with patients and consultants as appropriate during the course of the day
- Designated Fire Marshall
- Designated porter (MGPS)
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Fire Marshall trained, or willing to train as one
- Previous experience of being responsible for facilities, maintenance and housekeeping, general caretaking
The post holder will be based within an Optegra hospital, functioning within a generally predictable work pattern, although there will be regular periods of unplanned work and weekend work that interrupts routine and includes urgent requests for caretaking services.
The post holder will also be required to work in collaboration with the Regional Facilities Manager on daily and weekly Compliance checks, scheduled deliveries of new equipment and act on behalf of the Regional Facilities Manager with any Third party contractors.