- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
- BMBS University of Nottingham 1999
- BMedSci University of Nottingham 1996
- CertLRS Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2012
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2010
- MRCOphth Manchester Royal Eye Hospital 2004
- Central London Eye Hospital
- Standard Cataract Treatment
- Corneal Disease | Transplantation
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Refractive Lens Exchange
- Refractive Cataract Surgery
- Advanced Cataract Treatment
- ReLEx SMILE
- Implantable Contact Lens
- Clinical Investigator and Medical Advisory Board Member Alcon Surgical
- Clinical Investigator and Medical Advisory Board Member at Abbot Medical Optics
Mr. Amir Hamid is a highly experienced refractive surgeon, having performed over 6000 cataract and laser refractive surgeries and routinely performs up to 60 operations per week. He was appointed as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at King George Hospital in Ilford (North East London NHS Treatment Centre) in 2011 with a special interest in cataract surgery, corneal transplantation and the correction of presbyopia.
He has received the Certification in Laser Refractive Surgery by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (CertLRS). He is exceptionally skilled in the use of LASIK and LASEK treatments as well as the most advanced Multifocal intraocular lenses and is also certified in the use of the Artisan Iris Clip lens and the Staar Visian ICL, in order to serve patients unsuitable for laser therapy. Aiming to provide the best medical care possible, he has completed a Corneal and Anterior Segment Fellowship that allowed him to extensively practice his skills in the particular domain. Improving patient outcome is fundamental to his practice and thus, Mr. Hamid is a member of the AMO Premium Registry involved in the evaluation of new intraocular lenses prior to market launch.
In addition he is a highly acclaimed clinical investigator, always at the forefront of new refractive treatments and technologies. He regularly presents his published scientific articles and papers at the Cataract and Surgery Conferences in the UK, Europe and US and is a manuscript reviewer for the British Medical Journal. Except for being a successful surgeon and clinical investigator.
Download a free infopack
Not ready for a consultation? Learn more about our range of treatments, doctors and hospitals.Information pack
Free Virtual Consultation
It takes under a minute to book your virtual consultation with UK's top rated vision correction clinicBook Now
Call us free
We'll answer any questions you may have about treatment.
0808 163 5845
Line is open Mon-Fri: 9am-6pm, Sat: 9am-2pm