- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
- BMBS University of Nottingham 1999
- BMedSci University of Nottingham 1996
- CertLRS Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2012
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2010
- MRCOphth Manchester Royal Eye Hospital 2004
- Central London Eye Hospital
- Standard Cataract Treatment
- Corneal Disease | Transplantation
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Refractive Lens Exchange
- Refractive Cataract Surgery
- Advanced Cataract Treatment
- ReLEx SMILE
- Implantable Contact Lens
- Clinical Investigator and Medical Advisory Board Member Alcon Surgical
- Clinical Investigator and Medical Advisory Board Member at Abbot Medical Optics
Mr. Amir Hamid, our Clinical Lead for Vision Correction, is a highly experienced refractive surgeon, having performed over 8000 cataract and laser refractive surgeries and routinely performs up to 60 operations per week. He was appointed as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon in 2011 with a special interest in cataract surgery, corneal transplantation and the correction of presbyopia. He now practices solely in the independent sector in London.
In 2012 he received the Certification in Laser Refractive Surgery by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (CertLRS). He is exceptionally skilled in performing SMILE, Presbyond, LASIK and LASEK laser vision correction procedures as well as the use of the most advanced Multifocal intraocular lenses. Additionally, he is certified in the use of the Artisan Iris Clip lenses and the Staar Visian ICL, in order to serve patients unsuitable for laser vision correction.
Improving patient outcomes is fundamental to his practice and thus, Mr. Hamid is involved in the evaluation of new intraocular lenses prior to market launch, teaching Surgeons how to perform laser vision correction and refractive lens exchange or refractive cataract surgery. As a Key Opinion Leader in Vision Correction he is regularly invited to speak and teach at National and International Vision Correction Conferences.
In addition he is a highly acclaimed clinical investigator, always at the forefront of new refractive treatments and technologies. He regularly presents his published scientific articles and papers at the Cataract and Surgery Conferences in the UK, Europe and US and is a manuscript reviewer for the British Medical Journal.
Download a free infopack
Not ready for a consultation? Learn more about our range of treatments, doctors and hospitals.Information pack
Free Virtual Consultation
It takes under a minute to book your virtual consultation with UK's top rated vision correction clinicBook Now
Call us free
We'll answer any questions you may have about treatment.
0808 163 5845
Lines open Mon-Thu: 8am-7pm, Fri: 8am - 5.30pm, Sat: 9am-4.30pm