- A proven vision correction method – Research indicates that 96 per cent of patients achieve their desired vision after LASIK treatment
- Quick procedure
- Rapid results
- Most patients no longer need glasses or contact lenses
- Painless treatment
- No stitches required
- If necessary, further adjustments can be made years down the line to correct vision
We always begin by conducting an in-depth consultation to make sure LASIK eye surgery is the right option for you. This will be conducted by one of our ophthalmic surgeons – the same surgeon who will carry out the procedure and follow-up appointments.
What about the treatment itself? Our team of qualified and highly experienced ophthalmic surgeons use a state-of-the-art femtosecond laser to make the flap, resulting in a treatment that is quick, painless and blade-free, with outstanding results. This really sets our LASIK eye correction treatment apart from other clinics.
Precise & Perfect Vision
Snooker World #1
My LASIK laser eye surgery at Optegra gave me the precise & perfect vision to become world champion
During a LASIK procedure, the outer layers of the cornea, which is the transparent tissue layer that sits over the eye, are lifted back, revealing the deeper cornea tissue. For the outer layer to be gently lifted, the femtosecond laser is used to send microscopic laser pulses onto the cornea, which causes bubbles to form underneath. This results in a flap, which the surgeon can lift and lay back easily and painlessly. The surgeon then reshapes the cornea using an Excimer laser, correcting the eye’s refractive error. The flap is then replaced, and is smoothed back into place by the surgeon and the healing process begins.
Here is a general outline of the LASIK procedure to give you an understanding of what happens:
- Local anaesthetic eye drops are applied to both eyes.
- The femtosecond laser is used. The microscopic laser pulses are directed on the cornea, creating a thin flap.
- The experienced ophthalmic surgeon gently lifts the flap.
- An Excimer laser is then applied to the eye, reshaping the corneal tissue and thus correcting the refractive error.
- The flap is gently replaced and aligned back into its original position.
- The flap will heal naturally; no stitches are required.
LASIK is the most well-known type of laser eye surgery, but it’s not right for everyone. At Optegra, we’re dedicated to helping all of our customers find the right solution for them, so we offer a range of different laser eye treatments, including:
Click the links above to learn more about each type of laser eye surgery. The best way to find out which type of laser eye surgery is best for you is to book a free, no obligation consultation with us. To arrange an appointment, please contact us on 0808 168 8738.
Download a free infopack
Not ready for a consultation? Learn more about our range of treatments, doctors and hospitals.Information pack
Free Virtual Consultation
It takes under a minute to book your virtual consultation with UK's top rated vision correction clinicBook Now
Call us free
We'll answer any questions you may have about treatment.
0808 163 5845
Lines open Mon-Thu: 8am-7pm, Fri: 8am - 5.30pm, Sat: 9am-4.30pm