Christa Gore MSc MCOptom
Optometrist at Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester
Refractive procedures, telescopic implants for age-related macular degeneration
Places of study:
University of Aston in Birmingham (undergraduate) Manchester University (post graduate).
Past professional history:
Involved in refinement of LASIK procedures, implantable contact lenses, Intacs, worked extensively in private hospital settings
Technology used in cataract procedures, Clinical Study Co-Ordinator January 1996 - July 2000 Evaluation of the Intrastromal Corneal Ring Products in Patients with Myopia Protocol E92-00 1 A4 Keravision, inc. Clinical study Principal Investigator Evaluation of an Intra-Operative Toric Intraocular Lens Alignment System CALZ-3001 2014-2015
Training of other Optometrists:
Co-host for Manchester University final year optometrists clinical visits to Optegra Manchester
Overseas charity work:
- Invited speaker North of England Ophthalmological Society’s Spring Meeting Wednesday 11th March 2015, Aintree Racecourse, Liverpool ‘Intraocular Telescopes for Macular Degeneration’
- Co-presentation of BCLA workshop 2012 & 2014 Birmingham ‘Contemporary IOL and laser refractive surgery - innovations and expectations’
- Invited speaker Refractive Surgery Course Crewe Hall June 2013 ‘Post operative refraction in patients with intraocular lenses: clinical pearls’
- Invited speaker Optometrist CET Seminar 25 June 2005 ‘Adult Amblyopia and Emergency Eye Conditions’ Rosen Eye Associates Salford Quays
- Invited lecturer ABDO National CET weekend 18-19 September 2004 ‘Refractive Surgery Pre-Operative Investigations’.
- Invited workshop co-presenter with Mr Frank Howes ABDO National CET weekend 19 September 2004 ‘Refractive Surgery Measurements’.
Member of societies/bodies: Association of Optometrists, College of Optometrists, GOC
- Refractive Surgery: Optometric Considerations. Gore C. Optometry in Practice 11; 1-11 February 2010.
- Use of a Digital Infrared Pupillometer to assess patients suitability for Refractive Surgery. Rosen ES, Gore C, Chitkara D, Howes F, Taylor D and Kowalewski, E. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 28 1463 August 2002.
- Tracker-assisted laser in situ keratomileusis for myopia using the autononmous scanning and tracking laser: 12-month results. Chitkara DK, Rosen E, Gore C, Howes F, Kowalewski E. Ophthalmology 109(5); 965-72 May 2002.
- Fink AM, Gore C, Rosen ES. Refractive lensectomy for hyperopia. Ophthalmology. 2000 Aug; 107(8):1540-8.
- Fink AM, Gore C, Rosen ES. Overcorrected radial keratotomy treated with posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens and laser thermal keratoplasty. J Refract Surg. 1999 Nov-Dee; 15(6):683-6.
- Fink AM, Gore C, Rosen ES. Corneal changes associated with intrastromal corneal ring segments. Arch Ophthalmol. 1999 Feb; 1 17(2):282.
- Fink AM, Gore C, Rosen E. Cataract development after implantation of the Staar Collamer posterior chamber phakic lens. J Cataract Refract Surg. 1999 Feb;25(2) :278-82.
- Rosen E, Gore C. Staar Collamer posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens to correct myopia and hyperopia. J Cataract Refract Surg. 1998 May;24(5) :596-606.