Are you still undecided about whether or not to go ahead with laser eye surgery
Laser eye surgery is a quick and painless procedure, but it’s a medical procedure nevertheless. And it’s your eyes you’re dealing with, so we know you don’t want to go ahead with anything concerning your eyes without being equipped with detailed knowledge on exactly what to expect, before proceeding.
If you’re seriously considering laser eye surgery, we offer Free Consultations at our nationwide eye clinics and eye hospitals
. And this is by far the best method for finding out everything there is to know about laser eye treatment.
During your consultation, one of our laser eye surgery specialists will thoroughly examine your eyes to determine which eye condition is affecting you. And you’ll have plenty of one-to-one time with your dedicated Consultant, to discuss your individual situation, what kind of laser eye treatment
will be best for you and the results you can expect.
But if you’re not quite ready to book a consultation
, we’ve put together this handy guide to laser eye surgery information – especially for you. It’s a quick and easy reference guide with all the most important facts you need to know about laser eye surgery – all in one place.
Laser eye surgery information: the shortlist
Attend a laser eye surgery opening evening
- Laser eye surgery reshapes the cornea of your eye to enable your eyes to focus better, which will dramatically improve your sight – and help you see more clearly.
- There are three types of laser eye surgery available at Optegra: SMILE, LASEK AND LASIK. Each offers different benefits depending on the type and severity of your prescription, but your Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon will explain everything in detail and advise which one will be best for you, during your consultation.
- Laser eye surgery is not suitable for everyone – particularly if you have a strong prescription and rely heavily on reading glasses. If you suffer from diabetes, glaucoma, extremely dry eyes or one or two other medical conditions, you may also not be suitable. But you can call us on 0808 281 2714 to check your eligibility for laser eye treatment.
- You must be over 21 years of age to have laser eye surgery – this is to ensure that your prescription is stable and not likely to change dramatically in the next few years.
- The cost of laser eye surgery can vary depending on the severity of your condition, but prices start at £1,795 per eye – with 0% finance available from £179.50 per month.
- Laser eye surgery is associated with only a 4% risk of complications; the majority of possible complications are minor complications that can be rectified easily. And there has never been a reported case of permanent blindness anywhere in the world.
- All laser eye surgery procedures (at Optegra) are performed by world-class; NHS trained Ophthalmic Surgeons who specialise in eye surgery and other specialist eye treatments.
- When you choose Optegra for your laser eye surgery, your treatment will be performed in our state-of-the-art theatres – with the latest technology and ceiling mounted precision microscopes. Directly after your surgery, you’ll have plenty of time to relax in one of our dedicated and relaxing recovery suites – where you can sit back and rest and enjoy complimentary refreshments until you’re ready to go home, the same day.
- Aftercare after your laser eye surgery is surprisingly simple and straightforward –with very little downtime. You’ll need to wear protective goggles when sleeping, avoid getting water in your eyes and refrain from sports for a week or two after surgery. But within four weeks, you’ll have a whole new lease of life and perfect or near-perfect vision. And nothing to worry about from this point onwards, apart from wearing sunglasses when the light outside is bright.
If you've found this guide helpful, you might want to consider attending one of our open evenings
. This will give you the opportunity to get even more in-depth information on the procedure. And you’ll also be able to view the fantastic facilities at your chosen eye clinic or eye hospital.
Our customers have told us they really get a lot out of attending a laser eye surgery opening evening, before treatment. They tell it reduced all their fears about proceeding with the surgery because they were so impressed with not only our facilities but the level of care and outstanding customer service that was evident at the event, too.
You can book your place on the next available laser eye surgery opening evening, here