At Optegra, we tailor our cutting-edge cataract treatments to fit your needs, so you can enjoy the best results possible. Refractive cataract surgery is a proven permanent lens replacement procedure, which could correct your vision at the same time as removing your cataracts.
This treatment goes above and beyond standard cataract surgery, by replacing your natural lens with an advanced lens designed to correct your vision. Refractive cataract surgery can be used to correct short sightedness, long sightedness and astigmatism. Following the surgery, your dependence on glasses or contact lenses will be greatly reduced, and you may find you no longer need them at all.
Refractive cataract surgery starts out in the same way as standard cataract surgery, with the removal of your natural lens. What makes refractive cataract surgery different is that instead of your lens being replaced with a standard synthetic lens, it will be replaced with a multifocal lens. There are many different lens options available, and your surgeon will assess the best option for your needs. Our multifocal lenses are designed to last a lifetime, so you can enjoy improved vision for many years to come.
Is refractive cataract surgery right for me?
Refractive cataract surgery could be a great option for you if you have short sight, long sight or astigmatism, as well as having cataracts. You could be suffering from cataracts if:
- Your vision has become cloudy or blurred
- You’re having trouble seeing with bright lights
- Colours have started to appear faded
- You’re finding it difficult to see properly at night
- You’re seeing double or multiple images from one eye
- You’ve had to change glasses or contact lenses quite often due to changes in your prescription
For more information, take a look at our guidance on the symptoms of cataracts
. To find out for sure if you could be suitable for cataract surgery
, book a consultation with one of our expert consultants.
What are the benefits of refractive cataract surgery with Optegra?
- Refractive cataract surgery will reduce your dependence on glasses or contact lenses, or even eradicate the need for them altogether
- You’ll benefit from a personalised treatment plan that is tailored to your needs and lifestyle
- Your surgeon will provide expert guidance to choose the very best advanced lens for your needs
- You’ll see the same surgeon, right through from your consultation and surgery to aftercare, for additional peace of mind
- With Optegra, you’ll pay a fixed single price for your consultation, procedure, lenses and aftercare, so right from the start you’ll know exactly how much you need to budget for
- You can take advantage of flexible finance options to help you spread the cost over 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Book a consultation
If you’re thinking of getting cataract surgery, The best thing to do is book a consultation with one of our leading ophthalmic surgeons who will carry out a detailed assessment to determine the right treatment option for you. You could also join us at one of our open evenings, for a chance to explore our facilities, meet our consultants and ask any questions you may have.