Mr Rehman has been passionate about eye surgery for over 15 years. He was appointed Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS trust in October 2002 and has been consulting at Optegra Eye Hospital Yorkshire since early 2003.
Mr Rehman has been involved in the following developments at Optegra Eye Hospital Yorkshire:
• 2005 The Photodynamic therapy service for patients suffering from AMD
• 2006 Avastin TM anti-vegf injection therapy for AMD,
• 2006 LASIK, LASEK & Implant vision correction service,
• 2007 Lucentis TM anti-vegf injection therapy for wet AMD,
• 2008 IOL-VIP telescopic lens implantation for AMD
Mr Rehman has worked as a Consultant Ophthalmologist in Calderdale and Huddersfield since 2002 and has a special interest in retinal diseases and macular degeneration.
Mr Rehman continues to work tirelessly – scouring peer reviewed scientific journals to identify new developments in macular degeneration, cataract surgery and vision correction technology. It is this dedication that allows him to bring major advancements in eye care from around the world for the benefit of all our patients from Yorkshire and beyond.
Mr Rehman has held a substantive post at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust since 2002.
Mr Rehman has contributed to 14 publications and posters and has given 17 presentations to learned societies. Mr Rehman also has four articles in preparation for submission.