COVID-19 **update from 19th July 2021 ** We continue to provide the highest safety standards. More.
Dr Irene Siso-Fuertes is a qualified optometrist from Spain with substantial research experience. After graduating as an optometrist in 2010, Irene gained some clinical experience and completed a Masters in Advanced Optometry and Vision Sciences for which she was awarded with the best transcript of records. She was subsequently appointed as fellow of the AGEYE Marie Curie Initial Training Network which is a very prestigious European programme that aims to strengthen the collaboration in research and training between leading academic centres and the industrial world in Europe by emphasizing in experience-based training through cross-disciplinary projects. At the termination of this research project conducted at The University of Manchester and focused on investigating the age-related changes in the eye, she was awarded with a PhD. Afterwards, Irene spent a year working as Research Assistant at the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital and playing a leading role in developing, conducting and analysing outcomes of cutting-edge clinical trials. Irene joined Optegra in 2018 as a Research Associate within the Eye Sciences team where some of her main duties and responsibilities are supporting the team in producing outcomes data reports and playing an active role in research within the hospitals with the ultimate goal of publishing the results of in leading ophthalmic journals.
- 2010 – BSc Optics and Optometry – Zaragoza (Spain)
- 2012 – BSc (Hons) Optics and Optometry – Valencia (Spain)
- 2013 – MSc in Advanced Optometry and Vision Science (Distinction) – Valencia (Spain)
- 2017 – PhD in Optometry – Manchester (UK)
- 2018 – Research Assistant, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital
- General Optical Council (GOC) registration
- Member, Association of Optometrist
- Member, Colegio Nacional de Opticos-Optometristas (Spain)
- Sisó-Fuertes I, Domínguez-VicentA, Del Águila-Carrasco A, Ferrer-Blasco T, Montés-Micó R. Corneal changes with accommodation using dual Scheipflug photography. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2015;41:981-9. Doi: 10.1016/j.jcrs.2014.08.038
- Sisó-Fuertes I, Diez-Ajenjo MA, Garcia-Domene MC, Peris-Martinez C. Analisis objetivo de la calidad visual mediante OQAS en pacientes operados de cataratas. Gaceta de Optometria y Optica Oftalmica. 2015:508.
- Sisó-Fuertes I, Diez-Ajenjo MA, Garcia-Domene MC. Objective analysis of the visual optical quality by using OQAS in patients implanted with multifocal IOLs. A pilot study. – Poster presentation, European Academy of Optometry and Optics annual meeting, Malaga, Spain. April 2013.
- isó-Fuertes I. Age-related changes in the human eye with accommodation – Paper presentation, International conference of Optometry and Contactology, OC’15. Valencia, Spain, March 2015.
- Sisó-Fuertes I, Perez-Vives C, Ferrer-Blasco T, Radhakrishnan H, Montes-Mico R. Accommodation and ocular aberrations with two simultaneous vision multifocal contact lenses – Poster presentation, European Academy of Optometry and Optics annual meeting, Budapest, Hungary. May 2015.
- Sisó-Fuertes I, Montes-Mico R, Alfonso JF, Radhakrishnan H. Visual response to multifocal spherical correction – Poster presentation, XXIII Congress of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS), Barcelona, Spain, September 2015
- Sisó-Fuertes I, Radhakrishnan H. Respuesta visual a la correccion esferica multifocal – Poster presentation, OPTOM 2016 – 24º Congreso Internacional de Optometría, Contactología y Óptica Oftálmica, Madrid, Spain, April 2016.
- Consejo A, Sisó-Fuertes I, Bartuzel M, Radhakrishnan H, Iskander R. Scleral changes with accommodation. 8th European Meeting on Visual and Physiological Optics (VPO), Antwerp, Belgium, August 2016.
- Sisó-Fuertes I, Radhakrishnan H; Effects of different multifocal contact lenses on accommodation and ocular aberrations. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2016;57(12):6236.
- Moulakaki A, Sisó-Fuertes I, Montés-Micó R, Radhakrishnan H; Assessing the dynamic postblink changes in tear film with ageing and contact lens wear. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2016;57(12):6257.
- Siso-Fuertes, I., de Jesus, D.A. and Radhakrishnan, H., 2017. Relationship between ciliary muscle and accommodative response across age groups.Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 58(8), pp.2061-2061.
- de Jesus, D.A., Mousavi, M., Garaszczuk, I.K., Siso-Fuertes, I., Radhakrishnan, H. and Iskander, R., 2017. The role of corneal macro and micro-structure on Intraocular Pressure. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 58(8), pp.4329-4329.
- O’Donnell C, Rehman S, Dermott J, Hartwig A, Sisó-Fuertes I. Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) in high ametropic subjects. Poster presentation, XLII Annual Congress of the United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (UKISCRS), Birmingham, UK, November 2018.
- O’Donnell C, Rehman S, Dermott J, Vaswani S, Kler B, Siddiqa I, Hartwig A, Sisó-Fuertes I. Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) after previous corneal laser refractive surgery. Poster presentation, XLII Annual Congress of the United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (UKISCRS), Birmingham, UK, November 2018.