Mr Rakesh Jayaswal is a Consultant Ophthalmologist specialising in cornea, cataract, and refractive laser and lens surgery. He joined Optegra Eye Hospital Hampshire in 2011.
MBChB FRCOphth FRCS(Ed)
Places of study:
Having trained at Manchester University, Mr Jayaswal trained in surgery prior to embarking on his ophthalmic training. During his training he worked at several major institutions including London, Nottingham, Sheffield and Manchester. He has also worked as a lecturer and anatomy demonstrator for undergraduate students. His corneal training was with Professor Dua in Nottingham and leading consultants at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital where he was a fellow.
Manchester University and now working at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
Member of societies, bodies etc.
• Royal College of Ophthalmologists (London)
• Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
• American Academy of Ophthalmologists
• American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
• European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons