Mr Yit Fung Yang is a Ophthalmology consultant at Optegra Eye Hospital Hamshire. He specialises in AMD, glaucoma treatment, vitreoretinal surgery, retinal disease, lacrimal disorders, corneal and external eye disease and cataract surgery.
- Fellow of Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of British and Eire Association of Vitreo-retinal Surgeons
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmologists
- Member of European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of European Society of Retinal Specialists
- Member of European Vitreo-retinal Society
- British Medical Association
- Member of Moorfields Alumni Association
- Year of first medical qualification: 1992
Special clinical interests
- Cataract surgery with phacoemulsification
- Cataract surgery with complex intraocular lenses
- Combined macular hole and cataract surgery
- Advance sutureless macular hole surgery
- New treatments for macular degeneration
- Radiation treatment for macular degeneration
- Surgical treatment for macular degeneration
- Retinal tears and detachment surgery
Places of study
Mr Yang graduated from Aberdeen University Medical School in 1992. He went on to spend 7 years at the prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital in London training under a number of world renowned ophthalmologists. This included specialist surgical training and further advance subspecialist training in both Surgical and Medical Retina diseases. Mr Yang has extensive experience in routine and complex retinal and cataract surgery.
Mr Yang is well published in peer-reviewed journals on a wide range of ophthalmology topics. He is also active in research and is currently a Principal Investigator in a macular degeneration study using radiation and new anti-VEGF drugs as a treatment modality.
Mr Yang was appointed Consultant Ophthalmic and Vitreo-retinal Surgeon at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in 2003. In 2012, he was appointed Clinical Director of the Ophthalmology Department.
In his spare time, Mr Yang enjoys tennis, cycling and snowboarding . He has three boys who keep him busy and active. His current spare time endeavour is to learn to play the violin.