Mr Batterbury is Consultant Ophthalmologist at St Pauls Eye Unit in Liverpool and Director of Clinical Studies and Senior Lecturer in Ophthalmology at the University of Liverpool since 1995. Mr Batterbury has been performing laser eye treatments since 1992 for both NHS and private patients.
BSc MB BS DO FRCS FRCOphth
He teaches and practices cataract surgery, corneal transplant and other types of corneal surgery, glaucoma surgery and refractive surgery including laser eye surgery.
He completed his undergraduate medical training at Guy’s Hospital, London in 1984 and continued his postgraduate ophthalmic training at hospitals in Southampton, Guildford, Liverpool, Manchester and Perth, Australia.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member and past Chairman of the UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Main author of ‘Illustrated Colour Text – Ophthalmology’ (Elsevier)