Mr Nabeel Malik is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon who specialises in cataract and refractive surgery, medical retina and uveitis, oculoplastics, dry eye, Toxic epidermal necrolysis.
MBBS FRCOphth FRCS Ophth (Edin)
Places of study
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Medical Retina and Uveitis
- Dry Eye
- Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
Mr Malik studied at St Pauls’ School in London and qualified at Charing Cross & Westminster Medical School in 1992.
Past professional history
Having completed basic surgical training in Ophthalmology and having gained his Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, Mr Malik embarked on further specialisation years in Neuro ophthalmology and Neurology at the word famous Atkinson Morley Hospital and Cardiology, Rheumatology and General Medicine at St George’s Hospital, London.
He completed fellowships in Medical Retina & Uveitis at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital and the Western Eye Hospitals
He also superspecialised in Oculoplastic surgery with world leading Fellowships in Oculoplastics at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital & Western Eye hospitals, Moorfields Eye Hospital and The Royal Victoria in East Grinstead.
Member of societies, bodies etc
- Mr Malik an ophthalmic collaborator at the St Stephens Academic Trust and at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital in 3 on going HIV trials
- Lead for the CONSTANCE Trial
- His research interests include inflammatory eye disease and HIV
- and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TENS).
- In 2014, he was recognized by the National Institute for Health and
- Research, for outstanding support for the NIHR Comprehensive
- Clinical Research Network’s portfolio.
- He had formally held the post of Chairman of the Independent
- Ophthalmic Ethics Committee from 2008-2013
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Speaks English,French and Urdu / Hindi
- Keen tennis player