Joined Optegra Eye Hospital London in 2016
Sameer Trikha BM BSc(Hons) FRCOphth MBA is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at King’s College NHS Foundation Trust, and specialises in the medical, laser and surgical treatment of Glaucoma, along with micro-incision cataract surgery. He joined Optegra Eye Hospital London in 2016.
Key qualifications and experience
Current NHS post
- 1st class BSc (Hons) Biochemistry and Physiology, University of Southampton
- Batchelor of Medicine, University of Southampton
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Master in Business Administration (MBA), Imperial College, London
- Postgraduate Ophthalmology training at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- Research/Clinical Fellowship in Glaucoma at the world renowned Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC) and Singapore Eye Research Institute (SERI)
- Clinical Fellowship in Glaucoma at Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Full time Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, King’s College NHS Foundaton Trust
Mr Trikha has published over 22 peer-reviewed publications.
Published 1 book and 2 book chapters
Interests: Surgical devices, Visual Field progression in Glaucoma, Quality improvement
Editorial responsibilities: Reviewer for Ophthalmology, Eye, Translational Vision Science and Technology, British Journal of Ophthalmology and Clinical Ophthalmology journals.
Mr Trikha regularly presents his work at international conferences.
Member of societies
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the Association of Research and Vision Ophthalmology
- Member of the Southern Ophthalmology Society
- Member of Medical Contact Lens and Ocular Surface Association
Mr Trikha has performed small incision cataract surgery at camps in Bihar, India with Second Sight (UK Registered Charity 1080445).
Keen Cricketer, Runner and Badminton player