- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
- Manchester Eye Hospital
- Corneal Disease | Transplantation
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- Main author of ‘Illustrated Colour Text – Ophthalmology’ (Elsevier)
- Member and past Chairman of the UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
Mr Batterbury is Consultant Ophthalmologist at St Pauls Eye Unit in Liverpool and Director of Clinical Studies and Senior Lecturer in Ophthalmology at the University of Liverpool since 1995. Mr Batterbury has been performing laser eye treatments since 1992 for both NHS and private patients.
He teaches and practices cataract surgery, corneal transplant and other types of corneal surgery, glaucoma surgery and refractive surgery including laser eye surgery.
He completed his undergraduate medical training at Guy’s Hospital, London in 1984 and continued his postgraduate ophthalmic training at hospitals in Southampton, Guildford, Liverpool, Manchester and Perth, Australia.
Download a free infopack
Not ready for a consultation? Learn more about our range of treatments, doctors and hospitals.Information pack
Call us free
For a FREE no obligation, one-to-one consultation, or to answer any questions you may have.
0808 163 5845
Line is open Mon-Thu: 9am-8pm, Fri: 9am-5.30pm, Sat: 9am-4pm
Join a free open evening
At one of our hospitals we can help you decide what's best for your vision.Open Evenings