- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
- MB BS
- Yorkshire Eye Hospital
- Standard Cataract Treatment
- Refractive Surgery
- British Uveitis Group and UK Bechets Forum
- European Neuro-Ophthalmological Society (EUNOS)
- International Uveitis Society
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmological Society (NANOS)
- North of England Ophthalmological Society
- UK and European Refractive Surgery Society
- Worshipful Society of Apothecaries
Mr Backhouse has been a consultant at Optegra Eye Hospital Yorkshire since January 2003.
Mr Backhouse has worked as a Consultant Ophthalmologist at St James’ University Hospital since 2002. He has special interests in neuro-ophthalmology, uveitis and refractive surgery and is very actively involved in MOSS (Madagascan Organisation for Saving Sight), a charity which he founded in 1993. Mr Backhouse is also a member of the ‘Yorkshire World Blindness 2020 Group’, which helps ‘eye programmes’ in developing countries.
Mr Backhouse has published 30 papers and given numerous presentations and posters, in his specialist interest.
Download a free infopack
Not ready for a consultation? Learn more about our range of treatments, doctors and hospitals.Information pack
Call us free
For a FREE no obligation, one-to-one consultation, or to answer any questions.
0808 163 5845
Line is open Mon-Fri: 9am-6pm, Sat: 9am-2pm