COVID-19 November – In lockdown we’re open & following government advice with high safety standards. More.
Sundeep Vaswani is a specialist refractive optometrist and clinical research associate, with over a decade of experience in refractive surgery, covering the areas of laser vision correction and intraocular lenses. After qualifying as an optometrist in 2008, he spent four years working with a large refractive surgery provider in the UK, where his role encompassed undertaking pre-and post-operative consultations for refractive surgery patients, training of other optometrists and supervision of pre-registration optometrists. Sundeep then went to work for a large hospital in the UK as a consultant optometrist in the eye unit, which provided premium cataract surgery. He managed the premium lens cataract surgery pathway, was involved with staff training and introduced and managed a surgical audit for the premium lens surgery outcomes. Since then, Sundeep has gone on to become a clinical trainer for a leading global manufacturer of ophthalmological equipment, he has published articles across various optometric journals and has spoken at domestic and international conferences. He joined Optegra in 2017 as a clinical research associate within the Eye Sciences team, where his responsibilities involve auditing of surgical outcomes, conducting clinical research trials, training of other optometrists, and assisting with educational events.
- General Optical Council
- Association of Optometrists
- College of Optometrists
- Vaswani S, Collins B. Posterior segment OCT: enhancing ocular assessment and diagnosis. Optometry Today 2012; 52(3): 45-49
- Vaswani S. Laser Vision Correction – an optometrist’s consultation. Optician 2012; Vol 244: 6370
- Vaswani S, Collins B. Patient selection and counselling for intraocular lenses. Optometry in Practice 2012; 13(4): 169-180
- Vaswani S. Anterior Segment Imaging. Optometry Today 2013; 53(2): 39-43
- O’Donnell C, Hartwig A, Bhatt J, Morris R, Vaswani S, Dermott J. Managing myopia with a SMILE. Optician 2016; Vol 252:6579
- Vaswani S, Bhatt J, Roberts V. Counselling patients for refractive surgery. Optometry Today 2017; 57(11): 75-79
- Vaswani S, Bhatt J, Roberts V, O’Donnell C. Surgical options for vision correction. Optometry Today 2018; 58(7): 75-79
- Recchioni A, Hartwig A, Dermott J, Vaswani S, Bhatt J, Morris R, O’Donnell C. Early clinical outcomes after small incision lenticule extraction surgery (SMILE). Contact Lens and Anterior Eye 2018; 41: 132-135
- Hamid A, Vaswani S. Epithelial ingrowth removal in a post-operative Small Incision Lenticule Extraction patient. Video Poster presentation, 36th Annual Congress of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS), Vienna, Austria, September 2018
- O’Donnell C, Rehman S, Dermott J, Vaswani S, Kler B, Siddiqa I, Hartwig A, Sisó-Fuertes I. Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) after previous corneal laser refractive surgery. Poster presentation, XLII Annual Congress of the United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (UKISCRS), Birmingham, UK, November 2018.